˚✧˳ Chapter 34 - Awkward Tension ˳✧˚

❝  Don't mention it, Blaze

  Don't mention it, Blaze.

CAUGHT IN WEBS

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ 🕷 ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

(Y/N) (L/N)

I COULDN'T CONTAIN MY SHOOKETH head anymore, so I left the place. But I will be back though, but at the moment the one thing my mind was telling me to do was to leave the area.

I just hope Peter doesn't take it personally.

The cliché thing where superheroes stay in some random roof of a building so they could emote and cue their dramatic music is literally me right now. And I'm not even joking, this is serious!

˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚✧ 🕷 ✧˚✧˳✧˚✧˳✧˚

I went down with crowd to catch some air and feel the essence of New York City to relax my troubled mind.

The old man in front of me suddenly drops the newspaper on the ground despite the trashcan being visible in sight. I just have this icky feeling when people don't throw their trash.

Once I kneeled down to pick it up, a photo of dad was on one of the headlines.

'THE PHANTOM OF IRON MAN; REAL OF FAKE'

The sidelines were long, and it contained a foggy picture of a young girl with glowing eyes. She looks terrifying, as if it were a ghost.

From her behind was a destroyed building. Just by the image only, I could tell she terrorized the city.

I was raised in the Avengers Tower; I knew every person that walked through the door and every villain they fought; Even ones that were much older than me. So, who was this kid?

'The Phantom was proven a hoax by Tony Stark himself after rumors spread that he adopted--'

Suddenly, my phone started to ring. It was Happy. I answered, and before I could say something he was whisper-yelling through the mic. "Hey! Where the hell are you? Your Dad just arrived he told me that you haven't been answering his phone calls!" Happy wasn't the type to snitch unless it's me crossing the line as a teenager.

"Oh. I forgot to unblock him from my list." I stated, scratching the back of my neck sheepishly as I heard him clicked his tongue. "Jesus, you forgot?! Look, kid, I'm trying to save your ass here. Just do me a favor and just answer one phone call. He was really worried." He explained.

"Shoot. Here he comes." And with that, he ended the call.

The phone went back to its main screen as I began to battle with myself. I knew Stark was going home today and supposedly, I should always be there once he arrives since I am his child, but I just can't abandon Peter.