days gone by

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-chapter eight  ─── ˚✽月日動く

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ
-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-
chapter eight ─── ˚✽
月日動く ... days gone by
© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

 days gone by© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

THE ODDS, if  they even exist at this point, have decided to take it upon themselves to abandon me completely.

Today has been a cursed one for me. For starters, I haven't had the chance to replace my alarm clock so I woke up late and barely had enough time to change into my uniform. Being so behind schedule I was forced to skip out on Maki's famous French toast in order to ensure I wasn't late to school.

However, even after missing breakfast, I still managed to arrive late thanks to my irrational need to avoid the extreme embarrassment of running to class.

I attended each core subject, getting a bit of much needed sleep when the teachers were not paying attention. To add onto my already hell-ish day, I was so unbelievably tired that I fell asleep while walking to my next class.

I was woken out of my daze the moment I collided with something hard, causing me to tumble forward and drag it down along with me. Of course, this "hard object" had a lot more human-like characteristics than I originally realized, like, for example, his ability to speak.

"Are you okay?" A familiar voice breathed out from beneath me.

I raise my head to look at the boy and feel my face heat up when I notice the position we were in. I am straddled across his body, with one hand placed on his chest and the other tickled by his loose red and white hair as it's pressed firmly on the floor beside his head.

Why the fuck do we keep getting into situations like this? He's like a walking magnet for shitty cliche romance novel tropes—or maybe it's the other way around? Am I the problem? Should I start burning sage and bathing in holy water?