welcome, sports festival!

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-chapter thirteen  ─── ˚✽癒しなど

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ
-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-
chapter thirteen ─── ˚✽
癒しなど ... welcome, sports festival!
© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

UNLIKE MY FELLOW CLASSMATES, who had been training relentlessly to prepare themselves for the upcoming sports festival, I chose to spend my time laying on the couch without a single worry

I've recently come to the realization that there is a very key difference between myself and the other students of UA. Most aspiring heroes strive to be the best, dreaming of claiming the golden title of Number One, however I do not share the same sentiments. If my ultimate goal is to help maintain the dwindling peace of the world, who cares what my ranking is as a hero? As long as I know my own strengths and weaknesses and do not fall behind, then there's no reason for me to care about winning this stupid festival.

That being said, I do kind of hope I at least get higher than Bakugo. Not in a competitive way, but rather in a "I-just-want-to-see-the-look-on-his-face-when-i-absolutely-demolish-him" type of way.

And I suppose since he challenged me earlier I'd also like to beat Todoroki. You know, just to spite him, of course. No other reason.

"Midoriya." The man of the hour interrupts the nervous air that filled the locker room we were all waiting in. Mr. American Flag (which was what Todoroki reminded me of when wearing his PE uniform) practically marched up to the poor broccoli child as if he were declaring some medieval duel to fight for their honor and their land.

"Oh, hey, Todoroki. What's up?" Midoriya responds rather casually for a boy standing mere inches away from a possible war enthusiast.

"From an objective standpoint, I think it's fairly clear that I'm stronger than you." Ouch. That ones gotta sting a bit. I looked at Midoriya and felt a pang of sympathy for him. I also had the pleasure of having Todoroki admit to my face that I was a stupid, weak bitch (okay, his wording was a bit different, I guess, but the impact was the same). Fortunately for me, though, I was being slandered in private, whereas poor Midoriya had to accept all this in front of a crowd of his peers. "However, you've got All Might in your corner, helping you out. I'm not here to pry about what's going on between you two. But know that I will beat you."