encounters, etc

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-chapter two  ─── ˚✽出会い 

─── " ☁️ " ❅ೃ ˀˀ
-ˋˏ I C E , C O L D L O V E ! ˎˊ-
chapter two ─── ˚
出会い  ... encounters, etc
© 𝘮𝘪𝘭𝘧𝘴𝘨𝘢𝘳𝘥𝘦𝘯

THE MOST TOXIC THING IN MY LIFE RIGHT NOW? My alarm clock

And how do we handle something that's toxic?

Easy. You beat it against the side of your desk until it shuts up and allows you to get a few goddamn minutes of sleep.

Now, this method usually only works if you don't have an aunt who likes to perform a concert while cooking breakfast, and sadly, you have one of those and cannot seem to find the receipt to return her.

"Kiss me hard before you go, Summertime sadness~" Maki practically screams from within the kitchen.

"Who broke your heart?" I question, malice dripping from my tongue as to let her know she's the reason I'm in such a foul mood.

"Prince Phillip." she answers, voice full of sorrow, eyes glazed with a mournful look. "He died this morning."

"It was bound to happen, the man was ancient." I reply while filling a glass up with water. "Don't tell me you were in love with the man." I say, eyeing her suspiciously.

When I get no response, I start to feel a wave of exasperation caused by talking to her about her weird fantasies.

"Seriously, Mak? He's like four times your age, not to mention he's, like, really wrinkly."

"Oh shut up, you little shit, I got daddy issues." she rebuked, looking even more downcast.

"Don't we all?" And with that, I exit the kitchen, heading straight to my room with the intention of putting a very small amount of effort into my appearance.

After I change into a casual outfit, I hop onto my skateboard and make my way towards the market, plugging my headphones in to listen to my favorite song on repeat.

I swiftly search the aisles, grabbing random shit that looks like it would taste good.

Heading into the next aisle, my eyes are caught by the multitude of noodle options. I search through the shelves, spotting the soba I had been craving for the past week.

With a sigh of relief, I reach for the last box of soba, tearing up at how lucky I had been to get to it before anyone else had. Of course, that joy had been cut off quite literally when another hand reached out from behind, planting itself onto of my own which was holding the soba.

Haahhh? The hell is this shit? A scene from a cliche romance novel?

I wait for the person to remove their grip from my hand, however when they don't, I turn around so that I can face the culprit. But, after doing so, I wish I hadn't, having been faced with an inhumanely handsome faced adorned with a scar, split-colored hair, and heterochromatic eyes. His beauty is so overwhelming that my heart starts to pick up in pace.

Badump? Shut up heart this is no time to fan girl.

"Umm, excuse me? Would you mind letting go?" I ask, eyeing the boy slightly before gazing at his hand still overtop my own.

The boy removes his hand and I follow his actions, however he takes the opportunity to reach out with his other hand and grab the soba box.

This sly bastard...

"Alright listen here, soba stealer," the boys eyebrows perked up at the nickname, "give it back or else I'll manifest very bad things against you." I say and hold out my hand expectantly.

The boy looks at my hand and squints his eyes at it, almost as if he were examining it and was highly confused by the gesture.

Instead of returning the soba to me, the boy reaches into his pocket and places something into my hand, turning around to leave with the stolen soba still in his grasp.

Taken aback, I pause for a second, watching him depart, before looking down at the object he had given me.

"Oi! What the heck is this?" I shout, shaking the pack of pocky sticks the boy had given to me.

I march up to the register to find the kid, only to see him already leaving the store.

You've got to be kidding me!

"Excuse me!" I reach out and grab onto his arm, turning him around. "You already bought it so it's yours I guess, but I don't need your pity sticks!" I huff out, shoving the box of pocky back into his hands. The boy remains silent as he continues to stare at the fuming girl standing before him.

Tsk, I hope the soba is soggy. I hope he eats it and they taste bad, or maybe he will choke on the noodles and one will come out his nose and he'll look like a dumbass-

"We can eat it together... if you want."

My eyes widen as I turn to look at his stoic face.

How incredibly unexpected.

The boy takes a seat at a cafe table nearby, as I join him on the chair next to him. He takes out two pairs of chopsticks, handing one of them to me, and prepares the soba. (okay ik this doesn't make sense bc you can't just prepare it out of the blue but fuck it whatever)

And that is how a beautiful friendship started!

... Just kidding.

After enjoying the soba together, the boy and the girl went their separate ways. Exchanging not even their names with each other, destining themselves to become merely strangers to one another.

Or so they thought...

- ,, notes by min 'ˎ˗
fyi !! anything in italics is Y/N's THOUGHTS
also this encounter happens before UA, so
they in middle school rn prob about a year
before they will enter UA. stay slaying, queenies!!