Moonlit | August

Everyone who knew of the man given the codename "August" also knew that he was more than capable; In fact, he was to be feared. Wielding both mental and physical prowess, he was an unstoppable force. He was the organization's most treasured member;  Possessing the mastery and experience of skills he acquired that he couldn't count on one hand with. It was safe to say he was nothing short of being described as amazing, almost perfect; Yet still, he was a parallel universe away from the Misha [Name] [Last Name] knew.

"There! All done!" Misha chirped as he proudly showed [Name] the product of his handwork.

In [Name]'s ring finger was a bunch of forget-me-not flowers strung together to form a ring that was holding sturdy against the gusts of wind.

Misha and [Name] were sitting on the edge of a cliff. The sun had just set, casting light to the green scenery surrounding them.

"A ring of flowers, huh?" [Name] wondered out loud.

"It's a promise ring! Besides I don't have an actual ring with me now." Misha answered which earned him a playful glare from the lady beside him.

"Promise for what? Mister, we've known each other for only a week and a half." [Name] answered with an equally playful retort.

"Forget-me-nots?" [Name] asked as she unconsciously quirked one of her eyebrows in a questioning manner.

"Forget-me-nots, symbolizing love, respect, and fidelity." Misha explained as his eyes held a soft expression whilst memorizing every detail of her appearance.

"Yet, forget-me-not flowers could also be given before parting to symbolize remembrance." [Name] countered. Misha shrugged his shoulders in reply.

"Misha-san, I've only known you for a week yet I know something's troubling you..." [Name] muttered, a look of concern passing through her eyes like the fleeting feeling of anxiousness that touched her guts.

"It seems like nothing passes through the observant eyes of [Name]-san." Misha noted with a thoughtful hum.

Behind his facade's playful hum, August was in a state he has never felt before. he shouldn't be read that easily by someone closer to a stranger than a friend. It sure was a turbulent state for him. It has only been a week of knowing the [eye color] eyed girl, yet she was unknowingly causing troubles for him.

It should've only been a two-week mission of setting up an intel gathering quarters dressed up as a candy shop, where did it go wrong?

It was a mission he's had no problem completing before but why is it different this time around? Why was he finding it hard to leave her in this country?

"As I thought, Misha-san is troubled by something." [Name] commented, which brought out a chuckle from Misha. [Name] watched with curious yet observant eyes as his chest vibrated as the low sound of a muffled laugh came from his throat.

The aforementioned man interlaced his fingers together and pushed an unseen force forward, effectively stretching his arms.

"Alright, I'll tell [Name]-san what's bothering me only if she becomes my taste tester for the day." Misha declared.

"Free candies? That's a deal then." [Name] said as her lips formed into a small smile from thinking of getting a taste of Misha's new candies.

"Alright, that's the plan then! Let me close up the shop for the day.~" Misha announced as he got up and dusted the dirt off from his pants, offering a hand for his companion not a second later.

"Closing? Why?" [Name] asked as she took the helping hand Misha was offering her, dusting off the dirt from her clothes too.

"Because we're gonna spend this day together!" Misha exclaimed.