Now Playing... | Masumi Usui

Masumi Usui felt like he needed something more

He walked out of the gates of Hanasaki High School with girls screaming his name, hoping to get just a millisecond of his attention.

To Masumi, this all felt like a daily routine of his life and he desperately needed to change something or he just might go insane.

Thinking back, another girl has confessed her feelings to him on the rooftop, at a pitiful attempt of being romantic. This has been the 5th girl this week, and it is only Wednesday. Masumi clicked his tongue at this. 

Nothing will and no one could catch his eye or maybe even pique his interest. Not from his group of fangirls from school, at least. 

School girls continued to follow him. Masumi could only sigh. He upped his pace as he went straight towards the crowd. He could thank his black hair for easily blending in, cursing at his blond, dyed tips  at the same time. 

The teenage boy ducked into a dim alleyway, one he always uses to escape. An alleyway that serves as a passage way to Masumi's safe haven. Or that's what he calls it, at least. 

Masumi's temporary place of peace is an old record shop, brimming with vinyl records and compact disks of music. 

Though he appreciated other genres, he found the one for himself. He removed his white headphones and place them on his shoulder blades as he entered the shop. 

Masumi had one goal this time. 

The bell rang, indicating his arrival. The cashier perked up at this yet said nothing. Masumi was almost a regular there, after all. 

The teen walked his way towards the back of the shop where the rock genre cassettes, compact disks and vinyl records are stored. He didn't pay much attention to his surrounding as he ventured the aisle with determination. 

At long last, Masumi finally got ahold of the new limited edition collection of post progressive rock, his favorite genre to listen to. 

Releasing a sigh of relief, he turned his back to the racks and unexpectedly bumped into someone he didn't know.

"Hey! Watch where you're-" Masumi didn't get the chance to finish his sentence as his eyes glanced upon an ethereal vision. 

Standing there with a post-hardcore album in hand, with silky [Hair Color] and [Eye Color] shining eyes, was [Name] [Last Name]. 

The girl was clad in a Pierce The Veil black, bandshirt paired with ripped skinny jeans and a pair of worn out black Converse shoes. She has a pair of white earbuds in her ears that was plugged on her phone. 

"Oh, sorry." [Name] said as she took out one of her earbuds and looked a Masumi in the eye. 

"Wait, is that Sleeping with Sirens?" Masumi asked, looking at the album cover of the thing she was holding. 

"Oh yeah. You like progressive rock, I assume?" [Name] asked as she noticed the CD Masumi was holding. 

Masumi nodded as they headed for the counter.

"I'd really like to listen to other genres of rock sometimes. Could you give me recommendation or a playlist?" Masumi asked the girl.

He was never the one to initiate conversations but maybe, this is the change he's looking for. 

"How about I lend you this album and then let's meet back here tomorrow. Same time?" She said as she laughed. "See you next time, uh..." She added, trialling off. 

"Masumi. Masumi Usui." The boy said as he introduced himself. 

"Right, my name is [Name] [Last Name], nice to meet you! See you tomorrow Masumi!" she exclaimed as she left the shop. 

Masumi couldn't tear his eyes off from the spot where [Name] last stood before leaving the shop.

"I think I love you..." Masumi trailed off, his eyes lingering on the album in his hand.