Chapter 2

She just seemed to leave as I was talking to her. Her shoulders started spreading smoke. How pale was she?! Her skin was like a ghost! But I couldn't bother with a peasant like her. So I just stayed inside. I made myself at home, leaning on the bleachers. But I got bred quick. I decided to take a stroll in the hallways. I went in the locker room and changed back into my normal clothes. As I walked out, she was there again! Just sitting there on the wall next to the door! Was she following me?! I had to know! I started to walk in the hallways to my locker. I grabbed my phone and saw all the notifications for instagram, Tik Tok, Twitter, all social media. I never had a dislike. But then I got a message. I was taught to never respond, nor open the message, but it already showed what the mystery person sent me.

"Turn around," It read. I turned around, but nothing was there. I walked forward to see if anything would happen.

"Hello?" Then the door of my locker slammed shut. It scared the ever lasting crap out of me! I saw it was the girl again, or who she says she is as 'The Blackout'. What in the world did she want from me?! I didn't know why she was scaring me so much! I just decided to ask.

"Why are you following me?!"

"Simple, to stop you before you make a mistake!"

"What mistake would I make, I'm flawless!"

"Keep dreaming, killer." I was gonna talk back, but I froze. Why did she call me a killer? She walked away afterward. I needed answers! I ran up to her to attempt to get her attention. But before I could shove her, she grabbed my hand tightly and slammed me on the lockers. No one heard it. Her fists were suffocating me! Her face was disgusted by me! I was in utter terror!

"Let me make this clear," she angrily told me, "I'm trying to help you from making the biggest mistake! If you don't want my help, fine! But Sonia won't be safe either! So what's it gonna be?!" I didn't know my answer yet, but I knew it had to be fast.

"Fine! I'll come with you!" She then let me go as I breathed heavily for air. I couldn't believe it, but she had me on my knees! As I looked up, her pale ocean eyes were more terrifying to look at. She told me to stand up and follow her somewhere. It was somewhere out of school. I once again saw smoke from her shoulders, but also from her hair this time. She must've not liked the light. We traveled to the fence behind the field of the school.

"Why would we be here?"

"Watch." That's all she told me to do. I looked around and saw my queen, Sonia Riddle. I stared at her with bright eyes.

"You see her....don't you?"

"If you mean Sonia, then yes!"

"Good..." I thought she was helping me at first, but then all she wanted to show me was something brutal. While Sonia's team was losing, the leader herself was yelling at an insider! I knew her! She was a friend of mine! I couldn't bare to watch Sonia turn her into an outsider!

"This isn't even the best part."

"What do you..." And then she said my name. I got excited, and thought she was gonna spare my friend. But she used me as an alibi, and had me take the blame for what she was gonna do. She told her that I wanted her at the bottom! She lied! She's a liar! I wanted to do something! But before I could, Sonia had already tormented her, letting everyone know she was an outsider now. I fell into tears as I watched my friend become what I despised. The Blackout grabbed my tears and rubbed it on her skin and hands. I could see her jaw line from just sitting.

"Now do you see," she said, "You insiders hurt your own kind just so you can be on top. No wonder there are more of us, than there are of you."

"I never thought of this that way. I never thought of HER that way!"