Chapter 9

I walked with hesitant legs shaking below me to the locker room. I was getting nervous. Everything was coming together, but falling apart faster. I didn't bother changing, but I didn't leave the room either. I just sat there on the bench, waiting for everyone to leave. I tucked my hands inside my sweatpants tightly. I was scared that someone would notice the gun in my pocket. I tried putting my hand on my side to cover the filled pocket. I sweated like it was 100 degrees. My skin turned red. Not many people noticed, but I could feel a few kid's gazes upon me. Finally, we were dismissed to our gym. I ran straight off the bench and in line. It was VERY slow. I shuffled the entire time. Finally, I made it to the big gym. I stood in place as I stared at the gym lights. I looked like I was hypnotized. I just watched as the lights took over me. Amberley then snapped her fingers in my face and made me flinch back to reality.

"Are you sure you want to do this," she asked me. "Because once you do this, there is n going back."

"That's fine by me." I then went to the crowd, filled by my classmates near the door, circling my gym teacher. I stood in the back away from the others. I looked around and saw The Blackout on the bleachers. She was well hidden at the top n the pillars. She gave me a stare that told me "I can do this". It was more desperate than serious. Her expression changed. I had never seen her so...upset? I can't tell if she was upset or something else. But the look for sure said "Desperate" from top to bottom. I looked back at my class as they started leaving. The same went for Amberley and Julian's class. As they went past me, they stared at me with sad looks. This time, I could tell.

"Good luck," Julian encouraged.

"See you on the other side," Amberley said after. They left out of the door. It was only me and The Blackout. From above, she witnessed my stunt. I pulled the gun from my pocket and put it in place in my hands. I directed it at the gym speakers and lights. My hands shook, unable to pull the trigger. I couldn't move. I closed my eyes, and tucked on the trigger. I was then interrupted by the doors slamming. Sonia came in with an angry look. She had something in her hand, but hid it behind her back. I lowered my weapon to see what she wanted.

"Well well," she announced, "if it isn't Megan Crystal and the mysterious Blackout!"

"What do you want," The Blackout groaned from her place.

"Simple," Sonia replied. "I want revenge on the both of you!" She then pulled a knife from behind her. She came closer towards me. The Blackout sat there on the bleachers with an intrigued face. She wanted to see what I would do. I avoided Sonia as fast as I could as she pounced at me with full force on her weapon. I wanted help from The Blackout, but I knew this was a mistake that I needed to fix. But how could I fix it in a dangerous position. I had no choice.

"Blackout," I called loudly. "Help me!" She came closer down from the bleachers, and into the light. I was in position. She then used her "powers" to push Sonia backward. I then focused on the gym lights, and pulled my gun out.

"Do it now," is all I heard in my head. I put my finger on the trigger...and did it. I shot down the spotlight