1 | unstoppable

A U R O R A D E V I E N C E

Life is stupid.

Just an ongoing circle of disappointment and time to never be used again. Although unlike most people my time isn't consumed by 9-5 jobs and sitting behind a desk all day. God no. But instead, killing people, running, stealing, shipments, and guns. Oh and can't forget the cars.

Thankfully, I have a fairly normal life to be consumed by time in this particular life style.

Sort of.

But my parents are still together, I have a decent older brother, have a few friends, have both grandparents from each side. Basically a perfect family. And speaking of family...

"Aurora come down here please" My father called from downstairs. It's 9:30 at night, what could this possibly be about? Rolling out of my bed and out into the hall, I slide down the railing of the stairs and hop off into the living room.

"Yes Father?" I ask as I take my seat down on to the sofa. Until it hits me on what he is about to say.

"The business ball is tomorrow" he says with a smile. "I want to discuss on making an alliance with the American Mafia."

My face is drenched in shock, is this man actually being serious? I mentally ask myself. Trying to get myself to form an answer, my older brother Jordan walks in on the discussion.

"I mean you have the Mafia King and Mafia Queen on the same team, we would be unstoppable" he says as he winks over at me. "I think Aurora and Ace would be a perfect pair and a perfect couple" he said whispering the last part smiling and fantasizing his thoughts as my father laughed.

I rolled my eyes at him and throw a pillow at his beautiful punchable face to get him to shut up. The thought of working with the American Mafia gave me chills. Yes we would be unstoppable, but what if they try to take over our side? Or worst, something goes wrong?

I was snapped out of my thoughts when my father cleared his throat to get my attention.

"So should we do this or not?"

I hesitantly nodded my head and smiled knowing my father wants this and I just want to keep him happy knowing if I said no I would be lectured into agreeing sooner or later.

"LETS GO!! Ace Grey will be my brother in law" Jordan cheered as he engulfs me in a hug.

"Not your brother in law" I say pushing him away while giving him an annoyed looked before I make my way up the stairs.

...

Shit this is actually gonna happen tomorrow.

I pace back and forth in my room when the moonlight coming from outside caught my eye. I went onto my balcony and got on the railing to get to my safe spot. The roof. Peering out over the land to only be greeted by the shadows of the trees cascading far out onto the open field. The midnight owls singing their songs letting the cool late January breeze fly through my hair letting my tenseness soothe into ease. Finally at peace.

Something about the silence of the night makes me feel so relieved. As almost if all my problems just fade into the night. I lay my back down on the rough siding of the roof and look up at the moon and smile. It truly amazes me knowing that there's someone else in the world looking at the same glowing orb at the same time as me. I stayed up on the roof until I felt my eye lids get heavier.

It starts to get a little cold when I look over at my phone to check the time. "1:38 AM"  Fuck I need to go to sleep. I groan as I climb down onto the balcony cautiously and into my room. Walking over to my closet to check to see if my dress for tomorrow was ready along with my black heels.

Everything was perfect to go. I throw off my long dress shirt and changed into my sweatpants and an over sized shirt. I crawl into bed before plugging my phone in letting sleep consume me.

...

Today was the day of the ball, looking down at the floor below me from the balcony, it was clear to see my father's men buzzing around to make sure all the preparations were ready for tonight. Smiles across their faces as mine was in annoyance. Not because of the ball but more of having to see a handful of men who are horny constantly. I was never the one to talk to others but when these horny fucks would come up to me placing their hands god knowing how many people they've killed with the same ones on me asking for a dance.

It was around 4pm when my mother suggested that I should start getting dressed. I do some fancy but light make up and loosely curl my hair and put on some jewelry and then heels and then the dress. I check myself out in the mirror one last time before I smile in satisfaction on how I look.

I hear a knock on the door and call out for them to come in.

"Damn girl who you tryna pull tonight" he joked as he checked himself out in the long mirror and rested his elbow on my shoulder. I giggled at his gesture before grabbing my purse and making sure the knives were in place under my dress before waking back over to Jordan.

"There's no need of bringing the knives Aurora, it's just for business no ones gonna try to kill each other." I reach into his pocket of his coat and pull out a loaded gun. "And this is?" I look up at him with an amused face. He rolled his eyes at me before taking it back and shoved in the inner pocket of his all black suite. He links his arm with mine before waking out.

Our parents were waiting for us at the bottom of the stairwell where my mother was helping my father with his tie.

"The limos outside" my father said as we followed him out of the estate into the vehicle. The drive was short, and for some reason I had an eerie feeling about this ball. Or mostly by the fact for the first time in years we're letting someone in to help us for who knows what reason. I was snapped out of my thoughts when Jordan whispered and asked if Caroline was going to be there. I smiled at the thought and nodded my head when a cheeky grin grew on his face.

Jordan and Caroline have been dating for a little over 4 years, not that it bothered me because as she always says, "my best friends brother is the one for me."

The limo came to a stop when the front driver came to my side and opened the doors for my family and I. Jordan and I link arms and walk behind my parents as they also have their arms linked. We state our mafia name The Vience's and they let us in. The ball room is packed with half drunk men, woman gleaming with pride showing off their wealth, and other men starting to form alliances.

I was never a person who liked to be in large gatherings so I held onto my brothers arm a little tighter before I would start to feel lightheaded. He looks down and chuckles  at my gesture as I elbow him on his side.

"The Vience Mafia" the guy with the mic announced as we walked in letting the room come alive with applauses. My eyes scanned the room to see where our table was to get this over with and spotted my beautiful best friend Caroline in a wine red dress as I smiled at her as she was already seated at our table. The table next to us was already filled and when I looked over to see who it was my eyes met his beautiful green eyes full of secrets.

The devil in disguise.

First chapter :)) lmk how you guys like it! Vote and comment