16 | trust

A C E G R E Y

The image kept on replaying of how good she looked as she walked through those doors. But I wanted to punch her across the face for it. I know damn well she knew exactly what she was doing. All 122 guys had there eyes glued onto her perfect figure. And the fact that she killed one of our best men Luciano and my father didn't say anything but look in shock. Was he afraid of her too? Obviously I wasn't afraid of what she would do to my physically it was more of what she would do mentally.

Never in my life have I ever let anyone get so close to me like she is. I don't know if it's the dimple smile of hers or the way she always tilts her head to the right when she interested in listening to something. But regardless it drew me in.

I was pulled out of my thoughts when I looked down to see a sleeping Aurora who was shaking in her sleep. Must be another nightmare. I pulled her closer if that was any possible and hugged her running my hand up and down her back. When I see this Enzo bitch one day I will kill him with my own two damn hands for ever hurting my girl.

I don't care if she said she would never be mine but the moment we locked eyes at the ball we both had that feeling in our hearts. The way she had Caroline look back at me and the way her eyes would only look at mine had me knowing she was locked in too.

But the only thing that would ever come in between us is her father's arrangement for her wedding and my father's arrangement. Praying that the two fathers agree in bringing us together one day.

"Ace?" I heard her soft voice muffle into my chest as I looked down at her.

"We're almost there princess" I whispered into her ear before kissing the top of her head. We sat in the welcoming silence for a bit as the rest of the men in the car aside from the driver were all asleep.

"Why do you care so much?" She questioned as her bright green eyes looked up at me.

To be honest I didn't know the answer myself so what am I supposed to tell her?

"Maybe because it's best to keep one person you trust the most than 100 of people that you don't trust at all"

I saw her face soften as she let out a soft giggle. "You never told me anything that you trust me with loser."

"I don't need to tell you something. I know I trust you more than anyone" I said looking down at her.

"Then why do you trust me?"

Whys she asking so many damn questions at 4 am?

"I ask myself that same thing everyday" I said letting a chuckle slip causing her lips to soften into a smile as she let a quite laugh out.

Her laugh was probably my favorite thing to ever hear. I could listen to her voice all day. Maybe she sings? I could ask her for a recording to listen to at night until I fall asleep. Ew Ace no that's creepy snap out of it you freak.

"Can you tell me about your past?" She asked softly probably not knowing of its a sensitive topic for me.

Maybe if I tell her mine she'll open up to me completely

"I'll tell you tonight love" I said looking down at her for her own reassurance.

"Pinky promise?" She said holding her pinky out for me to hook onto. If she actually 17 or is she 5?

"Pinky promise" I said nodding my head intertwining our pinkies together.

"You should get some rest you look tired" she said playing with her rings on her hand as I placed mine over hers bringing our fingers to be locked together again resting my head over hers.