8 | alive

A U R O R A   D E   V I E N C E

We all got seated in the large meeting room and I glanced over to see I was sitting in between my brother and the asshole himself. Why doesn't this motherfucker just leave me alone for once. Across the table sat my dad and Ace's dad. They both had a worried expression in their faces.

"Well as you know we have been planning this alliance for quite sometime now, we didn't want to have to tell you guys the reason but we have no choice." He began to adjust his tie and looked over at my mother. I have never seen him so unprofessional before.

"Years ago our Mafias were once at an alliance but your grandparents cut it off. When we were all younger we were all friends and had to split. A few days before Aurora was brought into our life we invited Ace's parents over for dinner. A few weeks after they came back and they're the only people that knew about where we had gotten you from." My father said looking right at me.

"They were also a mafia that had the Germans as their rivals. Thus we needed their help." He said looking down as if he was scared to say the next part.

Why the hell would we need help to go against the Germans? We're the biggest Mafia we don't need help from them. All these thoughts swarmed my head until I head Jordan's voice.

"What do the Germans have to do with anything? They think she's dead, it's been years since the incident." Jordan questioned sounding confused.

Ace's parents and my parents all exchanged a worried glance. My mother shook her head as my father took a deep breath.

"They know she's alive. They've been looking everyday since the fire. There was no body found in the ashes so they knew you were alive. They gave up for two years until they found a photo of you from a meeting. They want you back."

I felt my throat go dry and tears swell up into my eyes. This can't be real. All the flashback flooded my head like a storm. I felt the bruises and scars that I had left on my body start to ache.

"Aurora?" I heard Ace's father call pulling me out of my thoughts. I looked up and realized everyone's eyes were on me. I didn't like this. I felt like I was gonna pass out right there on the spot.

"They have spy's and their gang members are everywhere, you're going to have to take them down one by one." Mr.Grey stated while looking at me as a nodded my head.

"Meeting dismissed" My father called out as him and my mother left the room as Ace's parents followed. I got up my my chair and went straight to my room not even bothering to make eye contact or talk to anyone.

I closed my door behind me and locked it and slid down and pulled my knees up to my chin. I stared at the ground for a second and let out a quite sob.

I thought I was finally safe here. I thought I wasn't going to have to think of them ever again. I thought they would stay in my past. Why did they need to come back? I was just a child what did I ever do?

I stood up and walked over to my dresser and saw the tear stains running down my cheek. I undress out of the skirt and top and threw on an oversized shirt with some jogger and curled up into the love sack and cried some more until I heard a light tap on the door.

"Honey it's mom" She said in a quite tone as she walked in and came over to comfort me as my father came in behind her.

"I'm sorry we failed to keep you safe" She said with pain in her voice. My heart ached even more realizing they think this is their fault.

"I'm sorry I put your family at risk" I whispered barely able to get my words out. We all just sat there, mother on one side and father on the other. I've never felt more safe than at this moment. Felt like I was a kid again.

"Mommy I wanna hear a story" The little girl cried out earning a chuckle from her adoptive mother and father.

"Hmm let's see, One day there was a little princess who was so powerful she ruled over the whole world and let nothing get in her way, she had beautiful brunette hair with gorgeous eyes. Soon there was a prince who was also a strong ruler who came into her life and treated her like a queen and protected her from everything-" The mother was cut off at the little snores of the little girl that was fast asleep beside her.

"And that little princess will be you one day" She finished my kissing her soft cheek and smiled at her husband.

Soooo a little twist at the end kinda cute lols
VOTE VOTE VOTE