20 | moves

A C E   G R E Y

"Ace you in there?" I heard Zayn's muffled voice from behind the locked door. Blinking a few times to adjust my eyes to the morning sun, I realized me and Aurora fell asleep on the ledge as she was curled up on my chest and my head was rested on top of hers.

She was like a glass sculpture, so much time and effort and pain gone into making a beautiful angel. But behind that was the most powerful woman ever. Glancing over at the clock it was 9 AM. Shit we both overslept. She didn't seem like she was going to wake up anytime soon so I gently carried her over to the bed and tucked her in walking out to be greeted by Alec and Zayn.

"Huh, what happened to not sleeping in her bed" Zayn asked sarcastically following me into my room.

"It was by accident, we fell asleep on the window ledge" I muttered back annoyed of this.

"Why were you even in there last night" Alec asked with a smirk.

"I told her about Ang and she told me some stuff too that's all" I said looking down into my drawer.

"You told her the full story or" Zayn asked trailing off. "Yes she knows the full story, you shits done yet" I snapped back at them.

"You never even told us what happened other than the fact she was shot and killed and now all of a sudden Aurora comes into your life being a mission and you trust her with your whole life" Alec said raising his eyebrows.

And he was right, ever since Ang's death the only people I told what had happened was my Mom and Dad. Never did I speak of it after until last night.

"You're in love Ace it's clear as day, fuck it if it was a mission or some alliance shit. You love her, you care for her, you listen to all the shit she says, for fucks sake you're letting her sleep with you not to fuck but to keep her safe. And don't give me that i'm just being nice shit, we saw you last night in the limo with your arms around her and how you were freaking out while she was unconscious." Zayn said with a smile.

This is what love feels like? Having fireworks inside of you, having one person run endless laps around your head, having them be the first and last thought of the day? I always thought love was fake, temporary, only for a moment. Not long and eternal. But now i'm in love with a small girl that barely reaches my shoulders but the power she holds will forever be greater than mine. I guess...I am in love.

So now the question is how do I undo this curse?

"I don't like her" I say walking into my closet to change into new clothes for the day.

"No shit that's because you love her" Alec says scoffing at the end of it.

"Mhm" I mutter sarcastically leaving the room and going downstairs to be greeted by Jordan and Caroline.

"Took you bitches long enough to wake up" says looking up at the three of us.

"Prince charming and sleeping beauty overslept" Zayn replies dropping down onto the couch.

"Why were you two together last night?" Jordan questions raising his eyebrows at me.

"We just needed to talk about something" I say shrugging it off like nothing even though I told her everything.

"Awh cute now get together please and thank you" Caroline says with a smile.

"Agreed, please do for the sake of humanity" Alec throws in.

"If you're making a move do it soon, when mom and dad get back she's gonna be 18 and get an arrangement for marriage. Do something now or forever hold your peace" Jordan says looking over at me.