3 | ghost

A U R O R A   D E   V I E N C E

His eyes were beautiful green with little golden specs. He wore an all black suit, a matted black rolex and his hair was perfect not a strand out of place. I gave him a small smile before following my family to our table.

Before I got the chance to take a seat, I was engulfed in a hug by the one and only Caroline Adams.

"DAMMNNNN" she said as she looked me up and down earning a laugh from me and Jordan.

"Wow you can admire my sister first before me" He said before placing his hand on his chest faking a scene. Caroline smiled and kissed him before sitting down. They are perfect for each other.

We were all seated and I looked over at my parents as they laughed with each other. Made me happy knowing Jordan has found the love of his life and that my parents were married for 14 years yet still act like a high school couple. I felt Caroline flick at my shoulder trying to grab my attention.

"Dude I don't know if you noticed but Grey's son has been staring at you all night since you walked through the doors." What the fuck.

"Is he still looking at me?" I questioned frantically.

"Yes ma'am. I mean who wouldn't be staring at the Mafia Queen but like bro he has heart eyes on you it's so funny" She said with a giddy tone in her voice as I rolled my eyes.

Falling in love with someone wasn't something that crossed my mind ever to be honest. All I would think about is Mafia and making my parents proud. Why fall in love with someone devoting your time in effort into them when you can go around and break their hearts and help their ego? Sounds like charity work and I think by now I have more than enough service hours.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, make your way to the dance floor for tonight's first dance." As a slow song started playing all of the married and unmarried couples arose from their seats and made there way to the center of the ballroom. I looked around and saw no one at the tables. I raised my eyebrows a bit realizing aside from the Mafia was love, something I didn't think of. Nor did I care about.

At the corner of my eye I saw him siting alone at the table behind me looking right at me like a beast staring at his prey.

"Oh fuck."

My eyes met his and it felt as if the world stopped for a moment. Something about him just felt so safe as if he was everything for me just like the calm before the storm. But that makes no sense, he's a ruthless and dangerous person. Ace Grey known to be the Mafia King shows no mercy not a single hint of it. I had a bad feeling about him my whole life but right now, all of that was just an old thought. Looking at him longer made me feel things I know I shouldn't so I gave him an innocent smile and looked away and let out a sigh of relief that the tension was over.

But god was I wrong.

About 5 minutes passed from the little tension session when I felt a light tap on my shoulder causing me to flinch from the cold touch of his hands. I turned around to see the one and only Ace.

"Hey" he said as he sat down in the chair in front of me

"Hey" I said in a questionable tone.

"Why's a pretty lady like you sitting out on the dance, did you scare all the guys away?" He joked with a small smirk. The hell does he want?

"Why's the all powerful mafia king not up dancing with any woman of his liking" I say sarcastically mocking him as he glares at me.

"Maybe because I want this dance with you" he says lowly sounding more like a demand than a suggestion.

Is he being serious? What the hell, no way am I going to dance with him. But there was that stupid voice in my voice telling me to dance with him.

"M'lady" He said standing up and he held his hand out to me.

I hesitantly place my hand on his as he spun me around right there and placed his hand on my waist causing me to lean in and earn a smile from him.

"Try not to step on my shoes darling" He said winking at me and leading us both to the center of the ball room.

(Playing: Dancing With Your Ghost By: Sasha Solan)

I wrapped my hand on the back of his neck and he placed his hands on my waist. I didn't even dare to look up at him but I knew his eyes were staring at me. For some reason I felt as if I were to look up at him I would collapse. He moved his hand up to my shoulder and brushed my hair to be behind me and moved it slowly down to the small of my back. I looked up at him only to meet his beautiful eyes pulling me to him.

"Why are you doing this?" I blurted out of curiosity.

"I didn't want you to embarrass yourself letting the queen sit out on the dance on her own" he said holding back a smile.

I shot him a glare but rolling my eyes letting a chuckle slip. "Or was it because you were embarrassed to be a king sitting alone during the dance."

He mimicked my glare as we shifted closer to the center of the ball room causing some people to glance over at us whispering around and some watching us in awe.

"How old were you when you were crowned queen" he asks breaking the short silence between us.

"16, and you?" I ask back seeing his eyes widen.

"17" he lowly responded as a smirk grew on my lips knowing I was crowned first.

Without any warning, he dips me along with the music causing me to almost trip but still falling into the palm of his hand. "Asshole" I mutter as his fingers graze across my exposed thigh letting his cold touch with his rings burn my skin.

"This is for mocking me earlier darling" he whispers letting his hot breath trail on my neck as he spins me letting my dress spin out.

The song had come to a stop as the people around start to talk. The only thing keeping me from moving was his deep green eyes luring me in as we just stood there embracing each other.

"Aurora!" I heard Jordan's voice call out as I slipped out of Ace's grip on my waist and walked away leaving him standing there.

Fuck off Jordan let them have their moment 😭😭 vote and comment :)

UPDATE: I re did this whole chapter bc the last vs was just so cringy and no ew SO I HOPE U LIKE THIS ONE BETTER