19 | temporary

A U R O R A D E V I E N C E

Everyone around me was having the time of their lives playing with the karaoke machine in the limo as I just sat there feeling sick to my stomach. I was going to have to leave them all so soon, why couldn't I just be happy for one second of my life without worrying? Ace made me so beyond happy, Caroline was like the sister I always wish I had, Jordan wasn't only my brother but also my best friend that I owe my life to, and the others just became such big parts in my life.

I always was kept to myself ever since her death. Never would I let anyone get close to me besides Jordan and Caroline but here we are. Partying the Sunday night away as they all have no care in the world but leaving me drowning in it all.

"You okay A?" Ace asked pulling me out of my thoughts looking up at him as he had a concerned expression. Oh how i'm going to miss him so much.

"Yeah just tired" I whisper resting my head in his shoulder not even caring if he wanted me there or not. Ace was someone who I could never imagine myself actually caring about but that was all history. I felt his shoulder tense up a bit shit. I was about to sit up but he wrapped his strong arms around me pulling me closer to him as I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"Better?" He asked running his hand slowly up and down my back. I nodded my head before snuggling closer into his chest. Hearing his heartbeat was all I needed to feel okay for a moment. As much as I hate caring for people, he was an exception. As long as he's okay i'll be okay.

I felt a small pinch on my back not even 5 minutes later causing my head to shot up to see a smiling Caroline. God i'm gonna miss her smile. Pulling my self away from Ace's warm embrace, I sat up and faced the blondie who I hope one day will be my
sister in law.

"What's wrong" she said leaning closer to me. I don't even know what's wrong how am I supposed to answer?

"Just tired" I responded letting out a sigh afterwards.

"Mhmm well you see, Ace has a boner and you should fix it" she said low enough only for me to hear.

"Why the hell are you looking" I whisper-scream back at her.

"I mean it's kinda obvious but anywho" she says looking the other way holding back a laugh.

"You concern me sometimes" I say leaning back in the leather seats.

The limo came to a stop as we all started to file out. By now it was mid March so the weather began to get a little warmer. Letting the cool spring breeze run through my hair as I placed my thumb on the first scanner to open the gate and digging through my handbag to find the keys letting us all in.

"Aurora" Jordan yells walking to turn on some more lights.

"Already on it" I blandly reply walking over to the medicine cabinet and pulling out 2 bottles and getting a water bottle making sure no one sees as I make my way over to the side of the kitchen island taking the 7th and 8th pill of the day.

"Guys it's getting late probably should go to sleep" Zayn announced as we all nodded in agreement.

"Aurora show them the rooms I gotta talk to Care for a bit" he said placing his hand on her lower back as they walked up to his room locking the door.

"They're definitely about to fuck" Blake said pursing his lips together while looking down at me.

"Anyways, come i'll show where you three are gonna stay" I say looking at Blake, Zayn, and Alec.

"Is Ace staying in your bed tonight?" Zayn questions earning probably the most scariest dark glares from Ace. If looks could kill he would be dead.