28 | dad

A U R O R A D E V I E N C E

"Are you ready" I ask Jordan handing him his wallet. "Yes i'm ready, I can do this" he says staring at me blankly. "Oh for fucks sake i'm not ready, I can't do this." I purse my lips into a line staring at him. "You've been with her for years Jordan just put the damn ring on her already, I want a sister!"

He stares at me before taking his wallet and leaving to go buy the engagement ring. We called Care's, Ace's, and our parents to fly in for the proposal later today. They should be landing in an hour but in the meantime, I need to start preparing. Care had always told me she wanted a simple proposal, so we found a rooftop that over looks the skyline and the perfect view of the Eiffel Tower. There's people over there setting up and the photographer as well. All we need is to find a way to get her there.

"Care" I call out walking into her room. "Yes ma'am" she says still focused on her laptop scribbling down notes on her notepad beside her. "What's all of this" I question running my eyes down the paper.

Mission kill stupid asshole:
• Last seen location- L'aQuarium 10:37 AM
• Assisted by no one
• No form of weapon
• Spotted last at the club drunk
• Knows our location

"Okay so Enzo is well aware of where we are and then-" I cut her off not wanting to hear anymore. Obviously i'm beyond grateful that she's doing all of this but I have no braincells to take in any information.

"How about we fuck this for now and have a day out" I say bringing the bag with her dress in it forward with a smile. "Aurora no we're here to kill him not linger around perfect for him to take you away." I stare at her blinking a few times dropping the bag on her desk. "And then i'll simply kill him. Go get dressed we're leaving in 20 minutes."

...

"Fucking hell why is there so many steps" Care grumbles holding up her rose silk dress while we both go up to the rooftop where the rest of them are waiting. We had spent the day roaming around Paris  going from boutiques to bakeries forgetting that we have to be aware of who's around us. It was almost time for sunset when Jordan texted me to bring her up.

"Oh shut up we're already here" I say taking her hand helping her up and handing her over to Jordan as I make my way back to where our family and friends were waiting. We could barely hear what Jordan was saying but if true love was defined as a picture, it would be them at this moment.

"They're so in love it's sickening" Blake says rolling his eyes. "You'll find someone soon" Mom says placing her hand on his shoulder. We all quietly watch as Blake, Zayn, and Alec get confetti poppers ready for the moment she says yes. "Get down on your knee already goddamnit" I mutter looking as he finally gets down on his knee.

I smile in awe as Care shakes her head yes holding out her hand for him when he stands to pick her up and spin around as they kiss as an engaged couple. We all run out towards them as they let the confetti poppers go, cheering engulfing them in a hug.

"HEY SIS" Care yells throwing her arms around me giving me the biggest hug ever. I laugh hugging her back knowing she can finally say it after 11 years. Pulling away, I grab her hand to see the ring. A beautiful single diamond on a gold band. Simple yet stunning.

"Aura" I hear Ace call out from the side as I make my way over to him resting my head on his chest as he wraps his arms around me letting me lean into his touch.

"We're all going out for dinner in 2 hours, I wanna take you out." I look up at him with a smile. "We can't go out like this, You're in a suit and i'm still in this dress" I say looking down at our attire. "And? I don't care, let them stare."