14

Dear Diary

As I open the pages of my diary, I am reminded of how much has changed since I last wrote in it. But I am not worried about the news, for all of it is good. In fact, I think I am pregnant again, just three months after Charles was born. It's amazing how time flies! Speaking of Charles, his hair is turning out to be just like my mother's hair color - a beautiful shade of red-gold. I don't mind it at all, in fact, I think it's rather charming. I can't help but call my boy my golden prince, and even if he had hair as dark as the night, I would still think of him that way.

Charles is my gift from heaven to England, and I am determined to raise him and his future siblings myself, along with Edward, of course. I remember my mother telling me about her greatest sadness of not being able to raise me herself, and I don't want that for my children. I am going to rid the horrid tradition of raising royal children away from their parents. Naturally, they shall have a governess and tutors for their education, and when I am in meetings, they shall be well taken care of.

I have also started to set up Anna's household. Anna shall be living in England for the winter months and in Ireland for the rest of the year. When she is older, she shall be able to choose where she wants to live. I hope to find a duchess of York for Anna to be friends with. I have thought about giving Anna an English title, such as the Duchess of Bedford or the Duchess of England, but I think I shall reserve the title of Duchess of England for my daughter. I plan on having both my firstborn son and daughter ruling together, which shall give more equal powers for England.

However, for my plan to work for the Duchy of England, the one who holds the title has to be married to an English person or be a sibling of the ruling ruler's consort to keep the power equality. I want my son to rule a kingdom that is grand, one that is said to be like Haven, and be unlike any other kingdom before. My mother has also said that I am like grandmother Isabella and grandmother Elizabeth combined, which pleases me greatly. A warrior queen and a peaceful queen - what an honour to be compared to them.