24

Dear Diary

As the mother of a young prince with dark red hair and hazel eyes, I take great pride in naming my son Arthur Ethan Tudor. My uncle inspired the name Arthur, while the name Ethan, which has a strong Norman origin, was chosen to honor his Norman heritage. I chose a Norman name, Emma, to highlight the past rulers of my kingdom

Today, my dear Irish queen, Anna, visited me. She is the sweetest and most beautiful young woman, and her looks are fast gaining renown throughout Europe. I can't help but feel proud of her, but I also hope that she does not become too vain. However, as women, I think we all have a tendency to admire our reflections from time to time. In fact, I confess to doing so myself. 

As a young girl, I remember catching my mother doing the same thing. She told me that it may be considered a sin to be vain, but sometimes it doesn't hurt to indulge oneself every once in a while. I have come to realize that there is some truth to her words, and as long as vanity does not consume us, it is okay to appreciate our beauty.

As I looked back at the past, I recalled a moment when my mother and I were able to share a special bond as mother and daughter, rather than Queen and princess. The memory brought a sense of warmth and comfort to me, and I made a promise to myself to create similar loving moments with the children under my care.

I have taken Alexandra, Emma, and Anna under my wing, and I treat them as if they were all of  my own children. Today, I had a special visit from young George Boleyn, accompanied by my Emma, who asked if they could be wed. Although my first instinct was to refuse, I decided to let them be betrothed and ask them every year until they were of age if they still wished to be wed.

The children are both young, just five years old, and it is not appropriate for them to be married at this young age. However, I see no harm in letting them be betrothed, as it gives them a sense of maturity and responsibility. They can look forward to the day when they will be old enough to get married and start a family of their own.

I believe in creating a safe, supportive, and loving environment for all the children under my care. I want them to feel secure and valued, and I will do everything in my power to ensure their best possible future.