18

Dear Diary

II am overjoyed to share with you, my dear diary, that I am now a mother to two beautiful and healthy daughters, Emma and Alexandra. They inherited their grandfather's striking red-gold hair, but their eyes are a unique shade of silver-grey-blue. As their mother, I firmly believe that my daughters are destined for great things, just like their cousins William and Therese, as well as their brother Charles. For now, however, they are my sweet little ones, and their father is absolutely smitten with his little duchesses.

In other news, I have recently discovered that Lady Josephine is my long-lost sister. As a queen and her elder sister, it is my duty to ensure that she is treated with the respect that a daughter of a king deserves. I have no doubt that I will find a suitable husband for her in due course.

Speaking of my children, I have decided to start a fund for education. The school year will begin in the fall and end in the spring, making it easier for parents to send their children off to school. I was pleasantly surprised when my husband Edward offered to be a teacher! He is truly a kind-hearted and gentle man, and I feel incredibly blessed to have married him.

As for the education of my own children, Charles and the girls will share their governesses and tutors with the young court children and the servant's children. Though the court children will have lessons all year round, the summer and spring months will allow for more fun activities such as riding and outdoor games. I want all the girls to be able to defend themselves, just as my mother taught me how to do.

Lastly, I can't help but wonder if my father is proud of me and the way I am raising my children. I hope that he is looking down on me from heaven with a smile on his face.