19

Dear Diary
The situation that I currently find myself in is quite distressing. My cousin, Charles, has declared war on me and England. I am at a loss about what to do. Edward, my beloved husband, is equally shocked at the news of this war. However, I have been thinking about a solution to prevent this war from happening and to maintain peace between our countries.

One of the potential solutions that has crossed my mind is to offer Josephine, my adopted daughter, as a bride to Charles' oldest son. However, I do not wish to force her into a marriage. I believe that Cate and Hal, my siblings, have been fortunate enough to meet their spouses before getting married. I do not want to arrange a marriage for my children if possible. Nevertheless, I had already arranged for Charles and Anna to be married, and I had planned for Anna and Charles to spend more time together as childhood friends to prepare for their union.

As much as I want to avoid an arranged marriage, I think offering Josephine as a bride to Charles' son could be a good solution. Josephine has royal blood, being the daughter of Henry VIII and a sister to a queen. I had also made Cate a queen, and I believe that offering Josephine's hand in marriage would strengthen the alliance between England and Spain, as Josephine's adopted grandmother is a Spanish princess. If I raise Josephine like my own child and teach her the importance of having another royal marriage between Spain and England, she could be a valuable asset to both countries.

On the other hand, I also claim the Spanish throne as a granddaughter of Isabella of Castile and the daughter of Katherine of Aragon. However, I do not want to start a war over this claim. I believe that maintaining peace between our countries is more important than any claim to a throne.

Life can be tough, but it can also be filled with love and happiness, as I have with my beloved Edward and our three children. I hope that this situation can be resolved without resorting to war and that our countries can continue to prosper together.