Fake

As I finished the song everyone that was dancing started clapping and cheering. My cheeks were a slight red due to me catching Fred's stare everyone once in a while.

Neville made his way back up the stage, clapping and encouraging me. "Young witches and wizards, again that was my friend Aphrodite Winters!" Above the claps I could hear a faint whistle or shout coming from Blaise, or Draco. In the back my brothers were shouting incoherent nonsense of "that's my sister!"

As I made my way down back to the table with Neville I smiled genuinely for the first time in a while. For the first time in a few months I forgot what kind of husband Adrian was. I forgot my life before we got here. For the first time in a few months, I felt free for a mere second.

That feeling was interrupted as Adrian pulled me into his lap and moved my face towards him to kiss me in front of everyone. Before I could react he pulled away and smiled brightly. God I hate that smile. It was always so fake. Never enough for others to see but enough for me to get the message to act "normal".

When I turned my head nobody noticed what had happened. Draco didn't say anything because he knew he couldn't, the same was for my brothers and Blaise. However, my eyes didn't meet theirs first. As soon as I turned I was met with golden brown ones. Golden brown. His eyes always gave me a sort of comfort Adrians never did. Adrian's eyes were cold and fake. His... His eyes. The same ones I looked into and fell in love with.

I was taken away from my trance as Ginny came up to the table with Harry. "Aph! C'mon let's go dance with 'Mione Lee and Luna." I smiled sweetly at her and nodded my head. While getting up Adrian attempted to slide his hand a bit up my dress. I cleared my throat and pulled the hem down a bit. Ginny linked arms with me and strutted towards the two girls and Lee waiting by the bar for us, leaving all the boys behind to talk.

——

-Fred's P.O.V.-

I couldn't help but watch as she walked away. After about 3 years without her intoxicating touch you'd think I'd forget about it. With any other girl, yea I would. However this wasn't any other girl. No doubt me and George were quite good looking, being told by multiple family members and friends, but George had Lee and I didn't want anyone else.

Something about the fact that girls were asking me on the streets of Diagon Alley if I was single, and yet I couldn't have this one girl. It drove me crazy for her. My stares broke when I heard the guy I despise the most across from me speak.

"So... Weasley, how are you doing?" Ron, George, and I all looked at each other. Everyone burst into laughter at all our confusion to who Adrian was talking to.

"Sorry, my bad. I'm referring to Freddie here. So how's it going?" I glanced at him in a way that nobody noticed except for him. This made him smirk. He knew what he was doing.

"I'm doing ok, you Pucey?" This question made him smirk even bigger. He knows what my old relationship was with Aph, and unfortunately he intended to use it against me.

"Oh I'm doing great. Just did some practice drills for me and the boys next game. Got home and waited for Aphrodite to come back from dropping off Pelio. Y'know, our son." He made sure to emphasize the word our, as if he was taunting me with the fact that he got the girl.

I clenched my jaw and simply nodded. The tension at the table was thick enough to be cut by a knife. (Almost as thick as Aphrodite's ass- ok I'll stop now) Everyone around us could feel the anger radiating off of me and Adrian. George cleared his throat to catch the tabla attention. "On the subject of significant others, I have an announcement." All of us at the table motioned for him to continue.

"I plan on asking Lee to marry me... tonight actually." This caused all of us to congratulate him and pat him on the back.

"George, man that's great. Congratulations." Adrian was the last one to speak up. I rolled my eyes unnoticed and took a swig at my fire whiskey. How fake can this guy get?

Hey babes, so real quick question. What do you guys think about the story so far? Who do you wanna just A V A D A K E D A V R A at the moment?Please make sure to vote and eat all 3 meals ok loves 🖤🌸🃏