Explanations

⚠️!WARNING!⚠️- This chapter contains mature subjects such as the following: mention of abuse. ⚠️!READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED FOR THOSE WHO ARE SENSITIVE TO THIS TOPIC!⚠️

I ran out of the room as fast as I could, not looking back even when I passed by the others who were helping look for us. Blaise tried to grab my wrist to stop me but I quickly pulled away and continued towards my room. When I got in I shut the door and locked it.

My breath quickened and my vision started to get blurry as I leaned against the door and slid down, pulling my knees into my chest and hugging them tightly. All the memories of me and Fred ran through my mind, the last one being Fred pulling me into a kiss in the wardrobe.

I wasn't crying because of how it felt. It actually felt amazing to have his lips on mine again. To feel his skin touching me and to just let pure passion take control of our thoughtless actions. I was crying because of what would happen if Adrian ever found out. I was crying because Fred deserves better than what I can give him.

While I was thinking about everything in that moment I heard a soft knock at my door from behind me. "Aphrodite, open up please. We just want to make sure you're ok." I recognized the voice as Draco's.

I didn't answer him and just continued to cry. Eventually I heard them walking away, followed by more talking. Yet, one voice stood out to me.

"Is she in there?" It was Fred...

After that all I could make out was them asking what had happened. After Fred undoubtedly told them what happened I heard another knock at my door. "Draco go away, I'm not in the mood right now."

"It's not Uncle Draco." A young boy's voice was heard coming from the other side of the door. I knew it was Pelio and quickly wiped away at my tear stained cheeks and took a couple of deep breaths. When I opened the door I noticed that the others weren't there. They probably went downstairs to talk.

"Hey Pelio, what's wrong?" I crouched down so I was almost eye level with him.

"Why are you crying?"

Oh, because your father who I was forced to marry is a complete asshole, who will never treat us respectfully, is blackmailing me with Fred's relationship and closeness so I can't leave him but I want to so badly. And if I had the choice and freedom to, I would take you with me and choose Fred in an instant. But again, I can't because that selfish, loathsome, egotistical bitch won't let me.

"Nothing serious that you have to worry about." I smiled as sweetly as I could at him. "I know what happened. I heard uncle talking about it to Freddie." He fidgeted with his fingers.

"What did I tell you about eavesdropping, Pelio?" I crossed my arms over my chest and raised my eyebrows.

"I know mom, I'm sorry it's just I heard them say your name and I got curious."

I shook it off since he only had good intentions. I closed the door as he came into my room. We ended up sitting on the bed with him in my arms as I laid my back against the headboard. It was silent for a bit until he spoke up again.

"Do you love dad?"

I slightly tensed up at the question. "Pelio... you know me and your dad's relationship and how he is-"

"So you don't?" This time he looked up at me as I pondered on the question a bit. It was true, I didn't love Adrian and I don't think I ever could. Multiple people told me that I will learn to love him eventually when we were arranged into a marriage together. Those people being ones that were also married off as well.

I just assumed that they were right and believed them. I'm guessing that none of their husbands ever laid their hands on them. It was surprising, when Adrian started to act the way he did.

In Hogwarts he was so kind and nice to me. During me and Fred's time together, he was a bit flirty but other than that it was nothing unusual. It wasn't until after the actual wedding ceremony when he started to... change.

It was first just comments on what I was wearing. I thought he was just being overprotective until one day I refused to change out of a summer dress I was planning on wearing to a little trip in Diagon Alley. I'm not entirely sure what triggered him but suddenly he just slapped me.

His actions shocked me a lot. After that incident he started to become more physical, hitting me when I told him no. After I found out I was pregnant I was happy, until I realized that the baby would have to grow up in a household with him.

The first time Adrian hit Pelio was when he was three (three years ago). Pelio had accidentally dropped one of the glass vases while he was playing and Adrian didn't like that one bit.

"No I don't. How do you feel about your father?"

"I hate him. He hurts us, and never feels sorry for it. Why are you still with him?"

I took a deep breath as I felt tears poke through the corner of my eyes. "If I tell you this, you have to promise me that you can't tell anyone else ok? Do you understand that Pelio?" He nodded at me. I cleared my throat before explaining to him our situation.

I never felt the need to lie to Pelio. He grew up with the same man who hurt me while also going through the same thing.

"You know how I used to tell you stories of when I went to Hogwarts?" He nodded once more. "Well do you remember when I was telling you about me and Fred?" I noticed his eyes sparkle at the mention of his name. "Well your grandma and grandpa don't exactly like Freddies family. So, they don't know about me and his relationship and how close we are. Your dad-"

"Adrian." I looked at him in confusion. "I don't want to call him dad anymore, I'll just call him Adrian." I hugged him tighter before I continued my story.

"Adrian used this as an advantage against me when we got married. He told me that he would tell my father about me and Fred if I ever decided to try and leave him. You know how grandpa is friends with all of those important people in the ministry? Well Adrian told me that he would have my dad take away Fred's dad's job there. And he also threatened Freddie's and Georgie's store contract in Diagon Alley and their little sisters quidditch career. I'm not doing this for me Pelio, I'm doing this for them and for you."

He looked up at me. I noticed that he was now crying as much as I was. "Why for me?"

"He said that he would take you away from me. I will never let him take you away from me as long as I live, you hear me?" I turned him around and pulled him into a hug.

I wiped my tears a bit and when I pulled away I cupped his cheeks and wiped away his with my thumb. "I love you to the stars and back."

"Not maybe, not tomorrow." He continued the little quote I said to him before he went to bed.

"Not someday, but right here at this moment." We finished it together before we pulled each other into another hug and headed out towards the downstairs, preparing myself to talk to Fred about us.

Ahaha a bit of a sad part. Lmk what you guys think of it in the comments please and don't forget to vote or stay magic babes. 🖤