Science Homework

Just because Artemis kissed Wally that doesn't make her have to like him...right? I mean he was gonna be a big baby about the punch. She had a perfectly good reason...to shut him up.
But when she left his room the touch of his lips still tingled on hers. Wally's expression was absolutely worth the kiss in her opinion. He looked as if she had just shot him, but in a good way almost.

Immediately after Artemis left without another word Wally did a happy dance that could be mistaken for a monkey having multiple muscle spasms. She just kissed him! The impossible girl just kissed him! He was going to tell Robin about this ASAP. He missed her sweet cinnamon smell already. When Wally drifted to sleep in his cloud of a bed he had two things on his mind. Artemis and what there first date will be like.

It was 3:50pm when Artemis finally got back to the cave after a long day at school. It has just started back up and she already wanted summer again. She was just hoping all of the missions interfered with school days. This also meant she would be sleeping in her crummy apartment in Gotham. She laid down with a heavy sigh of exhaustion on the caves couch. Faster than she knew it Wally zoomed into her view.

"Heyy hot stuff." he winked and sat on the floor next to the couch. Artemis groaned and rolled her eyes. "Wallace I know I kissed you but it's not my fault you wouldn't shut up!" She protested with a tone of lightheartedness.

"Don't get all grumpy on me because school started." he fake pouted and chuckled. "I was thinking you and me have dinner tonight. A little one on one time with your favorite speedster."

"Hmmmm." she contemplated while pursing her lips. "Well it sure does beat going home." she cracked a smile at the freckled dork in front of her. He gave her one of his adorable crooked smiles. "But first... a nap is mandatory." she noted.

Wally faked a yawn. "Yes of course! Do think there is room for one more on that couch?" He raised an eyebrow questioning her with a smirk.

"Well..." She stood up. "I'm going to my bed because it's much more comfortable. I won't blame you for following." she started walking with a swooshing blonde ponytail.

"Is that an invite for a cuddle session?" He super sped to her bedroom and waited for her. Artemis walked into her room to see Wally already there. She gave him an 'are you sure you're sane?' look.

"Hey, I take cuddle time seriously." he added and laid on top of her silky green sheets. Artemis made her way over to her bed and laid down next to Wally. "You're one strange kid." She added while closing her eyes.

"Cmon you know you love me." he poked her stomach and laughed. Artemis replied by shaking her head and chuckling softly "You're and idiot."
"Just rest up grass stain." He closed his eyes and pulled her in a hug. "if you insist stoplight." she answered with a sudden drowsiness. There was something about Wally's presence that soothed her. He was always warm and welcoming, a feeling Artemis has desperately needed. A sense of security.

Wally woke up before Artemis, he really didn't need sleep. He wanted an excuse to be close to her, to hold her. He gazed at her sleeping face. She drools when she sleeps. He chucked softly at her. Her breathing increased signaling she was starting to wake. she groaned and rolled into the speedster's arms. He gave her a quick squeeze and kissed the top of her head.

"Mornin' sleepyhead." Wally sat up and stretched his arms to act like he just woke up himself. She replied with a "mmmph."

"Ya know you drool when you sleep." he commented and picked Artemis up and slung her over his shoulder like a sack of potatoes. "ohhhhhh no! I'm losing control" He spun her in circles making airplane noises. Artemis genuinely laughed as she kicked her legs trying to release herself from his grasp.