In The Clear

Wally refused to believe his almost girlfriend was about to ninja slit his throat. 'This isn't Artemis!' He kept repeating. What she had just told him was foolish and stretch of the truth.
It had to be. "Artemis." he grunted weakly. he could feel blood pooling in his throat. He was about to die anyways, at least the last thing he would see was Artemis' face. No matter how broken she looked, she was beautiful to him.
"I-if your going t-to do this-" he coughed abruptly and a tiny streak of blood trickled down on his chin. "You should know t-that I love you." Wally could see Artemis' mouth quiver for a split second.

Artemis let out another condescending laugh, which Sportsmaster was pleased and clearly showing it with a smug smile. "I think you fulfilled your task." His gritty voice remarked.
Artemis raised the blade with a projectile path of Wally. Wally pierced Artemis' eyes with his. She couldn't actually be doing this. As she swished the blade closer her shut his eyes tight for the inevitable. An attosecond went by and a large crash followed. Then...silence. 'Sooooo am I dead?' Wally thought, still closing his eyes. He tried to move his arm but stopped immediately at the felling of white, hot pain.
"Still alive." He grunted. His breathing caught in his throat as it increased. His chest heaved up and down with at a struggling pace. As soon as he opened one of eyes he was surprised to see Artemis standing over Sportsmaster, blade in hand.

Artemis turned at the sound of Wally's voice and took a rushed stride over to him. "Sorry. I heard speedsters heal fast." She gestured to the spear and clasped on hand around the shaft and pressed one against the wall, beside his head. "This will kill, but look at me, ok?" Wally wanted all of this to just be over. He knew Artemis did as well. Her lingering eyes begged for forgiveness. Wally's lips curled a bit at the edges to reassure her that he did not hold anything against her. Sportsmaster started to stir back to consciousness. "Not a lot of time, bear with me."

Wally was to stunned to even speak. A million thoughts and questions raced to his mind all at once, causing a traffic jam. He finally managed a small nod.

"Ok, one...two..." On that count she pulled the spear out. Wally yelled agonizingly crumpling on to the floor. "What happened to three?" He complained, but Artemis was already engaging in combat with her father. She absolutely amazed him. Artemis was able to go through so much but get back to fighting the next second. He had never met someone so persistent and strong willed.

Artemis dropped her fathers blade and began to fight with her weapon of choice, her bow. Being at a close range she couldn't exactly shoot an arrow without him knocking it out of her bow easily, after all he is the one who taught her. She whipped her bow to Sportsmaster's side, causing him to struggle, but easily steady himself. "You brought this upon yourself baby girl." he growled forcefully lunging himself at her. Artemis was soon on the hard tile floor with the breath knocked out of her. Chocking for air she forced herself up and stood to fight once again. Her father blew a punch to her gut further causing her lungs to struggle. He crouched and swiftly knocked Artemis' legs from under the rest of her body. Landing, once again, with a thud. Artemis opened her eyes to see the same blade she dropped, pointed at her throat.

"All you have done is disrespect me. That ends. Now." His scowl seemed permanently etched into his face.

"No." With that he pressed the blade closer to her throat causing s slight trickle of blood to stream down her neck. "Gahh!" She let out a scratchy groan as her nerves exploded in immense pain.

Wally felt utterly helpless. He and his girlfriend (yet not his girlfriend still) faced fatal situations. After this, he was sure going to make sure he made her feel safe (he was completely failing at that now in his opinion). This was never going to happen again.

"I've been afraid of you for too long." Artemis said confidently despite her obvious injuries. Felling a surge of power, she used her leg to kick the sword from her throat. Standing back up, she decked her father in the jaw. He stumbled backwards, crashing into his very own display cases of lethal weapons. She threw an uppercut as his mask flew off his pathetic face. Artemis loaded her bow with a net-laughing arrow and released within seconds. The netting wrapped around Sportsmaster and Artemis kicked him to the ground, away from all of the weapons so he couldn't set himself free.