Your Ever After

The steady beeping of the heart monitor soothed Wally. It let him know that he was alright and Artemis would be next to him soon. The speedster highly questioned his love life sometimes, but he wouldn't change a thing about it. Well, of course, being stabbed and almost killed by your girlfriends father was not ideal. The silver lining of it all was the goddess, Artemis. Not the Greek one, but his Artemis.

Artemis never saw herself as the lovey type. Or one that would get so worked up over a boy. Wally, was an exception. The archer couldn't picture her life without him anymore. Sure, they were still young, but Artemis knew deep inside that she was never going to let him run away.

During the early hours of the morning Wally could feel his arm gaining back some of its lost tissue. Being a speedster has its perks for sure. One of those happens to be fast healing. Wally felt refreshed and anxious to get up. He pulled his IV out of his arms as he swung his feet to the side of his bed and paced or of the hospital wing. He had on thin on his mind, Artemis.

He strolled through the empty hallways until he approached the archers room. It was near 9 am and even Robin wasn't up. Usually he would just be wandering around, looking out for everyone. Wally knocked on the metal door, causing the sound to echo in the silent hallway. He could hear a slight groan from the cracks between the floor and the door. He knocked again. Another groan followed by yet a third knock from Wally.

"Robin! Chill! I'll train in a sec just give me a minute!" Artemis wailed as Wally heard the thump of her feet hit her hardwood floor. They shuffled closer the the door and Wally felt a tingle surge through his entire body. He didn't know why he didn't just say it was him in the first place. Maybe it was supposed to be surprise. The door slid open as Artemis' small figure was revealed. Her stormy grey eyes widen as she yanked him in her rooms and slammed the door.

Before he could say anything Artemis wrapped her arms around his neck as Wally lifted her legs up. Naturally she wrapped her legs around his waist and squeezed him as tight as she could muster. The silent embrace was needed. Neither said a word while the hugged for minutes. At last she hopped down from her place in his arms and smiled up at his freckled face. "Wally you're-" Wally leaned down and planted a passionate kiss on her soft lips. They didn't need words, just actions.

He pressed his hand against her lower back and pulled her in as close as he could. Her body heat radiated onto his skin, giving him goosebumps. They could have stayed like that forever, lost in each other. An abrupt voice over the intercom caused them both to jump simultaneously. Wally threw his head up so fast to the speaker he nailed Artemis in the nose. "Wally, get back int the hospital wing." Robins voice echoed.

"Agh." Artemis winched as she threw her hand up to her nose, which was now bleeding. "Oh my god, Artemis. I'm so sorry oh my gosh." He rambled as he wiped the blood from her upper lip with his thumb. A look of pure terror and utter disbelief was plastered on his face. The blood flow seemed to stop as Wally once again wiped the excess  blood on her face. Artemis couldn't help but grin at his frantic actions. "I love you too Wally." She confessed, shocking the speedster. Recent events flooded into his mind as he recalled his confession back in Sportsmasters' lair.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"I-if your going t-to do this-" he coughed abruptly and a tiny streak of blood trickled down on his chin. "You should know t-that I love you."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Artemis, I will never stop loving you. I want to be your night in shining armor. After all that you've been through, I want to be your happily ever after." Wally took both of her rough hands in his and squeezed them. He was going to marry her someday, ask her to spend their entire lives together.

Artemis was lost for words, something that rarely happens. "You are my happily ever after. Nothing will ever change that, Wally, it's you. I won't ever have to ask myself  'is it Wally?' because I know you're the one." Artemis concluded with a large grin. The ginger boy picked her up in his strong arms and twirled her around. She planted another quick kiss on his lips as he set her back down. "We better head to Robin, or else he might spear me in the other shoulder." He chuckled softly and grabbed her hand. Artemis let out a laugh with him as she laced her fingers with his. "We wouldn't want that, now would we?" Hand-in-hand they walked out of her room and into a new life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: AHHHH that's it! I'm sorry this took sooooo incredibly long! My next spitfire story should be up very very soon! I'll update you guys about what's going on to make sure you like it. So it will be in first person, alternating between Wally and Artemis. The chapters will be much longer (and I mean much) and updated hopefully every week. I'm still debating if I want to intertwine the powers part, I probably will. Comment what you want to see in the new book and as always,

Love and Arrows,
TheArcherAremis