A Lot Can Happen

It was quiet in the cave. Ever since rescuing Artemis there was an eerie silence. Batman and hooked up Artemis to an IV and gave her medicine to help stir up her system. According to Wally is been 8 days 13 hours 46 minutes and 21...22...23 seconds since her rescue.

Wally was in the hospital wing sitting with Artemis like usual. He would tell her stories about being Kid Flash. His favorite one to tell was when they were sparring and he realized he just couldn't get her out of his head.

"I looked into your misty silver eyes as you pinned me down. I thought about all of the things that could be trapped behind those steel doors and no one would notice." Wally laughed to himself. "you are a solid rock Art-" he stopped to look at her increasing heart rate.

"Uhhh guys I think she might be waking up." Wally yelled out the door. In a split second the team rushed over.
They all found seats except Wally and Dick.

Wally was hovering over Artemis slightly while Robin checked the heart monitor.

"C'mon c'mon c'mon." Wally scooped up her hand and squeezed it, a gesture he often did while she was in her coma.

Instantly after Wally's touch Artemis groaned and her eyes slowly fluttered open. It's a good thing Wally wasn't hooked up to the pulse oxemeter because the machine would have a fit and explode. He felt her body coming to life, for real, through her hand.

Artemis winced and tried to reach for her rib but She realized she was holding hands with, wait with Wally?

"Baywatch what the heck!!!!" She jerked her hand out of his and groaned.
"What happened."

Wally felt like he was just thrown in a tub of ice water. His skin crawled with a cold hypothesis. "I- we rescued you...from Jinx."

"Who now?" She raised an eyebrow.

M'gann gasped and covered her mouth with her hands. Dick gawked at her and Kaldur and Conner's eyes were wider than saucers.

Wally's head was buzzing. 'she forgot? No way. No. No. She didn't forget. Right? Of course she didn't don't be stupid Wally.' he was franticly tapping his foot at super speed. "Jinx! The crazy lady with pink hair? Who kidnapped you!!!"

Artemis furrowed her brow "kidnapped me? I'm pretty sure I would remember getting kidnapped by a crazy lady." she felt her side again. "and what am I doing here?" She yelped as she felt a particular sore spot on her ribs. "And why does my side hurt so much?"

Wally turned to Dick and quickly grabbed his elbow and dragged him into the hall.

"What is going on?!?!" Wally whisper yelled.

"Looks like the coma gave her amnesia." Dick said worriedly looking through the window. M'gann was hurriedly speaking to conner and Kaldur spoke softly to Artemis telling her not to worry and her questions would be answered soon enough.

"AMNESIA?!?" The speedster yelled and all of the heads in the hospital room turned towards him. Wally sheepishly looked back at Robin.
" will she be ok?" He said looking frustrated, concerned, and upset. 'She was finally warming up to me and this is what happens?!?' He thought rubbing his temples and sighing.

As if he read Wally's mind Robin said "hey dude think of this as a second chance."

"But we had such good memories and now they are just down the drain. Gone." he crossed his arms and rocked on his heels pursing his lips.

"Now you get to make new ones."
Dick shrugged and patted his shoulder and walked back into the room.

Wally ran his fingers through his ginger hair and shut his eyes tightly. he let out another sigh and walked back into the hospital room. He lazily walked over to the edge of her bed.

"So, Artemis. What is you last memory, well of me?" Wally asked leaning on the wall. The team exited at this all silently knowing they would need some alone time.

"Well you were sarcastically welcoming me to the team." she rolled her eyes.

Wally cursed under his breath.

"Is there something I'm supposed to know about you?" She asked cocking and eyebrow.

"Yeah, quite a lot actually." He bit his lip and looked at her. "just try to remember. For me?"

"Why would I do anything for you kid idiot?" She scoffed. "we all know you would rather have Roy on the team then me. You made that pretty clear."
She crossed her arms.

Wally walked over to Artemis and leaned down and whispered in her ear. "Well a lot happened in the months you forgot." He winked and left with a charming smirk.

Wally had a second chance and he was going to make sure he nailed this one. Girls love a good mystery, right?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AN: sorry short chapter /(>_<)\
I had a lot of ideas and I don't want to cram them all into one chapter. The next one will be long i promise.

Also if you want chapter sneak peaks, story notes, and stuff like that you can follow me.
(•3•)/ I'm not gonna beg you though.

Love and Arrows
~ TheArcherArtemis