Ophelia

Things between Spencer and I got a tiny bit awkward after I told him that I wasn't really sure if I wanted kids.

It was mostly on my end, though.

I usually try to maintain my confidence and not let my insecurities show— but I broke down at the beach.

The thought of Spencer leaving me hurt. He's the greatest thing that has ever happened to me and I love him so much.

I'd hate for him to leave, but I'd also hate to keep him from something that he wants.

It's been five days since we got back. He's been pulled right back into the hectic FBI lifestyle and I went right back to work and school. He was pulled away to Flagstaff, Arizona for a case the second day we came back and he just got home this morning.

I haven't seen him yet— I can't wait for him to get home.

Sitting on my bed, working on storyboards, I get a call from Spencer.

"Hey, Spence. Do you guys have another case?" I ask him softly, putting my pencil down.

"No," He responds. "Gideon and I are meeting to play chess tonight. I just wanted to call to let you know I'm staying a little bit later."

"Okay, babe. Just wake me up when you get home so I know you made it, okay? I'm knocking out as soon as I finish these storyboards."

I hear a light chuckle come from him. "I will. Sweet dreams, Lia. I love you so much."

"I love you, too. Have fun!"

"Bye," I hear him say softly. "I'll see you later."

"See you later, Spence."

I pull the phone away from my ear and hang up, flipping it shut.

After finishing up my storyboards, I crawl into bed and fall asleep.

When I wake up, it's not to the sound of Spencer's voice and a slight shove coming from him, it's to my alarm going off.

I look beside me only to find the bed empty. Maybe he went to his room for the night.

Hopping out of my bed, I make my way to his room. His bed is neat and tidy just the way he left it before heading out on this case.

I check the couch, finding it empty, before I'm certain that he didn't come home last night.

I run back to my room and grab my phone, flipping it open and dialing his number.

It doesn't even ring before going straight to his voicemail.

Fuck. What happened?

I call again, only getting his voicemail once again.

"Fuck," I say to myself, going to grab socks and shoes. I put them on and grab a jacket before heading toward the door.

I step outside, close and lock the door and practically sprint to my car. After a headache of a drive, I'm at the gates of Spencer's work building.

After going through security, I make my way to the sixth floor and through the doors of the BAU, surprised to see Penelope making herself a cup of tea at the little kitchenette area.

"Hi," I say softly as I approach her.

She turns around and her lips form a huge smile once she recognizes me. "Ophelia!"