Second is always best

I remember I got home and got grounded by mother for playing in the woods she said father didn't allow that. I thought father hated me he spent all of his time outside, never came home but once every few months or years.

The world out there was so fascinating! My mother said he studied it and soon we would all be protected from it.

But as I was saying I went to my room and locked it. I burrowed into my jacket as I sat on my bed. The room went colorless Bill appeared in a flash,"Hi Lily" his voiced echoed my room. My face lightened up he was here to play!

~Bill's full p.o.v~

"Hi Lily" I waved then snapped my fingers and my cane appeared. I looked around her room no triangles nor eyes I could look through, no wonder...

"Hush," she looked around "my mother might hear you and get me in trouble"

"Your already in trouble kid ha haha..."

Her cheeks puffed up "Well, it was my first time outside..."

"First time, huh?" She seemed to get well with the gnomes it's hard to believe it was her 'first time' since she wasn't freaked out and she seemed to get along well with them. After all she wasn't even afraid of me. "Well kid," I looked around her room saw drawings I floated closer to one in particular and looked at it.

"I drew it ya like it" she smiled widely at me

"You drew this...?" Looks more like a 14 year old drew it... "If you can draw so good give me a vessel to possess. How 'bout we make a deal after you draw it?"

She stared at me intently "okay!" She hopped off her bed, took a pencil and piece of paper sat at a desk top and quickly started to work. "Don't look." She giggled.

I floated closer, slowly. But then she turned around and yelled,

"DON'T LOOK!" She threw a teddy bear at me but missed. She went back to working. Casually she would take a few glances at me and smile. After a minute or two she yelled "Done! Hope you like it Bill..." she lifted up the paper revealing a face like this

--------> ·____·

I was not amused. Why am I even surprised haha. Why did I even have so high of an expectation.

"Just kidding here you go" she grabbed another piece of paper and handed it to me. It looked like me, but human. It was drawn just like the style every other drawing had.

"So about the deal... What do you want in exchange of this?" You couldn't tell but I really wanted this and I was just in awe.

"I'll give it to you free" she smiled at me

"No, really kid, what do you want?" I looked at her with my one eye closely.

"Well," she thought for a second  "Can you stay with me for the rest of the day Bill?"

"Ha haha, out of all the things you choose, you choose for me to stay with you for the rest of the day!? HAHA" I wiped the fake tear from my eye "You're funny"

"Then how about as long as I live" Lily said sarcastically shrugging

For some reason I didn't want to take advantage of her. I actually had feelings ha. What the heck? "Pfft. Deal!"

We both shook hands. The drawing came to life, it jolted out the page and laid lifeless on the ground I entered it's mind taking control of everything. The rest of the day Lily taught me how to stand, then walk, and other things.

"So kid about the dea-" I turned around. Lily laid there asleep on her bed cuddled up in a little ball. I laid next to her debating whether I should enter her mind when she had put her hand on my cheek. She mumbled something in her sleep as it slowly faded out.