This is your future

I was blinded by the future, I ignored every bit of it. Of course I was a 5 year old little girl, why would I have to be concerned for the future? But Bill on the other hand was intrigued. He was more interested than me. I was the one thing he feared, because this day it all came clear to him.

~Bill's full p.o.v~

"Hey kid I'm gonna be honest with you... I want to know more about you so can I go into your mind?" Lily looked at me with such concern. I said something stupid. Gosh that didn't sound like me "wh- what I meant was-"

"Okay." She continued to look down and draw

It was that easy I just had to ask "wow, okay, then uh...."

"So how do you get into other people's mind with the body you currently possess?"

"I don't know. I think I'm gonna have to get out of this body first... you might wanna go to sleep." She laid down on her bed and curled up into a little ball as she wrapped her hands around her legs.

"Okay! I'm ready" She smiled at me though I couldn't help but feel guilty for some reason.

"O-okay..." I left my body outside as I was back to my normal form, a triangular figure.

I entered her mind. Lily's mind was different than I imagined. It was full of red X's everywhere as I walked down endless hallways. Many memories I could not access because they were marked with a blood red X seal. But the few I was able to see were just... painful.

I opened a door revealing a memory.

Playing outside a girl about three or four sat outside on her porch. She had the same jacket Lily had and played with the same toys. A bunch of kids out of nowhere came and harmed her by kicking, punching, and scratching her. When they had gotten bored of their cruel play she would just get herself back up and smile. She wouldn't even shed a tear, not even show a sign of weakness nor pain almost as if nothing ever happened.

Yet it hurt me deep inside. Argh these feels....

I looked and looked they would end up the same ending with a stupid smile. Death would happen right in front of her and she would smile. Her own life would flash before her eyes and she would just smile. That STUPID smile. DO SOMETHING DAMMIT!

There were no words they were all filled instead with static eerie noises. There was no color but red which penetrated deep into my eye but there was something down the end of the hall....

I floated closer and at the end of the hall I saw a girl about eleven, twelve. Wearing the same jacket Lily has. She dug her head into her knees as I came close she looked up slowly revealing X's crossed over her pupils and tears flowing down gently down her face. She was surrounded by darkness in a room. It looked familiar almost like where I stay at.

"Bill..." she whispered "I can't see..." she trembled her hand as she reached it out to me. More tears flowed down her face "Bill... I can't see!"

Some thing went through and me I saw myself.

"Your gonna be okay" I grabbed her hand mine too was trembling but with anger. I was restraining myself from crying with her "...your gonna be okay Lily I swear on my being" I gritted my teeth as I spoke those words.

The door slammed and a seal went over it along with the words 'future'

No. This isn't going to be her future. It can't be. I laughed nervously at nothingness. With that I had left her mind.

I got back to my body I stayed beside her until she woke up.

"Hey, so how it go?" She asked playfully

"Well, it went well...." I cleared my throat "So Lily what do you want to do when you grow up? What do you want to be?"

She thought for a minute "Maybe a mother I like babies their cute" she kicked her feet up and down sitting up on her bed.

"Well I-" I was planning to tell her what I saw but maybe I could change her future. Maybe there's hope I'm a dreamscape demon after all, "Well when I went in your head you dream came true."

"Really?!" She pushed her cheeks together squishing her whole face

"Yup" I smiled down at her and frizzled up her hair as I ran my hand through it. She's gonna be okay.