Good and bad news

Charlotte and Tommy worked tirelessly to try and find Polly's children. The next day came and she was at work for a fitting. Tommy came in around lunch with two folders. He looked lost.
          "Are you looking for someone?" A girl asked.
          "Charlotte Wilson."
          "She should be in her dressing room."
Tommy nodded.
          "Thanks." He said and then walked on.
He knocked on her door and she opened it as she stood there in lingerie. He jokingly put his hand over his eyes. Charlotte pulled him in and shut the door.
          "It's not like you haven't seen this before." She said as she pulled his hand away.
She leaned her body into him and put his hand on her. Tommy held her close by her lower back as she wrapped her arms around his neck.
          "You just haven't seen what's underneath."
          "Yet." She smirked.
He raised his eyebrows and she kissed him.
          "Why are you here?"
          "No hey, hi, how are you?" He asked.
She kissed him again and then smiled as she looked at him.
          "Hi." She said softly.
Tommy couldn't handle how cute she was. He kissed her again, but pulled away because he could feel himself slipping. Tommy walked over and sat on her couch as she started to get dressed.
          "I have good and bad news." He said.
She backed up and stood in front of him as he zipped her skirt up. Charlotte looked at him with her skirt and bra on.
          "Good news first."
He held up a white folder as she put her sweater on.

          "I found Polly's son

          "I found Polly's son."
She smiled and sat beside him on the couch as they looked at the folder.
          "I came to see if you would go with me to talk to him." He said.
          "Of course. Let's go now." She said as she stood up.
She never got excited like this or showed anyone this side of her, but it was Tommy and this was all for Polly, who she adored.
          "Well there's the bad news." He said as she put her shoes on.
She looked up and Tommy held a black folder. He held out his hand and she took it as he pulled her down on the couch. She sat right in between his legs as he looked over her shoulder. Charlotte opened the folder and immediately knew once she saw the picture. She sighed and Tommy could feel it against his body. Charlotte read the folder and closed her eyes as she leaned back on him and he wrapped his arms around her.
          "It's her isn't it?" He asked.
          "At least I can tell Polly about her."
          "What are the odds you knew Polly's daughter and ended up here."
          "This is going to break her heart." Charlotte said.
          "Well then let's go meet her son and give her some good news today."
She gave a half smile and he kissed her cheek. Charlotte grabbed her coat and they left. It took them about an hour to get there. They got out and walked up to a woman standing there. Tommy started talking and she didn't like what he had to say.
          "I'm his mother. Henry is my son."
          "What does he know about his real identity?" Tommy asked politely.
          "He knows his mother couldn't cope. She drank too much and used opium. She used to beat him."
Charlotte laughed because Polly would never.
          "That's not the truth and you know that." Tommy said.
          "I think you should come back when my husband's here."
          "Does he know his real name?" He asked.
          "His real name is Henry Johnson. I want you to leave now. Go away."
The young teenager started to walk towards the group.
          "The truth is...he was taken from his mother without her permission." Tommy said loudly.
The young boy walked up.
          "Go back inside, Henry."
          "Your real name is Michael Gray and your mother wants to talk." Tommy said.
          "No!" The lady yelled.
Tommy went to hand him a card and she started to hit him. Charlotte obviously didn't like that and took a step forward, but Tommy discreetly grabbed her hand to stop her. Michael was staring at Tommy.
          "She just wants to talk." Tommy said.
The two walked back to the car and Tommy opened Charlotte's door for her.
          "Does it ever get warm here?" She asked.
          "It might be warm if you'd wear pants."
She looked at him like he was stupid.
          "But I look so good in skirts." She said like it wasn't obvious.
          "Yes, you do." He said as he closed her door.
They made it back to town and Charlotte went to her house to grab something before they told Polly. They got to the house and talked to Polly alone in her living room. He set the two folders down and explained what happened to Anna. Polly put her hand to her mouth as the tears fell down her cheeks.
Scarlett held Polly's other hand.
          "Polly, as crazy as this sounds...I knew your daughter." Charlotte said.
Polly looked at her with a shocked face.
          "She was my neighbor back home. She was also my Bestfriend for the few years that I knew her."
Charlotte smiled.
          "She was so beautiful and had the kindest heart, which all makes sense now after meeting you."
Polly smiled and squeezed Charlotte's hand and Tommy sat back and admired.
          "She used to leave her window open so if I ever needed to leave my house..I had somewhere to go. She taught me all the things my sister should've taught me. Anna taught me how to braid hair, do makeup, and how to use just the right amount of perfume. We used to sit on the beach after she would come home from school and she would fill me in on everything that happened so I would feel included."
          "She was the light in my darkest times. That's just who she was." Charlotte smiled.
          "So she had a good life?" Polly asked.
          "She did. No one lived the way she did."
          "And she was happy?"
          "All the time."
Polly gave a half smile and nodded.
          "I have a thousand stories I can tell you when you're ready. I also think you should have this." Charlotte said as she gave Polly a picture.
It was of the two teenagers on the beach just smiling from ear to ear. Polly ran her finger over her daughter. She pulled Charlotte in for a hug.
          "Thank you." Polly whispered.
Charlotte hugged her tighter. They pulled away and Polly looked at Tommy.
          "We found Michael. We gave him information on contacting you and his 18th birthday is approaching, so it's up to him." Tommy said.
Polly nodded.
          "I hope he gives me a chance."
          "I think he will. I could see it in his eyes." Charlotte said.
Polly gave a hopeful smile.
          "Thank you. Both of you."
          "It was her idea." Tommy pointed and Polly looked at Charlotte.
          "He did all the work."
The two left Polly so she could have some alone time. Tommy pulled Charlotte close by her hand.
          "Are you hungry?" He asked.
          "Maybe."
He smirked.
          "Come on." He said as he pulled her to a restaurant.
They sat down for dinner and drinks were served. Tommy couldn't take his eyes off of her.
          "What?"
          "You're really good at comforting people."
          "I just remember how I felt when no one was there to comfort me and I just don't want anyone to feel that way." She said.
He pulled her hand up and kissed it. Dinner went on as they talked.
          "What's your dream?" He randomly asked.
She took a deep breath.
          "Well...I would like to change how modeling works. I think every body type, skin color, and hair color should be in modeling. I think anyone can be a model no matter your size, skin color, or gender. It's all about hard work. I would just like to change the message that modeling sends."
He gave a closed mouth smile as he listened.
          "And I want my own shop with my own clothing line." She added quickly with a small laugh.
          "What about you? What are your dreams?" She asked.
          "To give my family a better life...and I'd like to take my business as far as it can go and then even farther. I don't know...maybe live in a big house one day or something. "
She smiled and raised her glass.
          "To chasing our dreams."
          "To achieving our dreams." He said as he lightly tapped her glass.
Tommy walked Charlotte home and they stood on the porch. She was the one now who couldn't take her eyes off of him.
          "Do you want to stay?" She asked.
          "I thought we were taking things slow?"
          "We're taking things day by day and I want you to stay today." She said as she put her hand out.
Tommy smiled as he took her hand.