When he's hurt during a mission/When he needs encouragement [Part 2]

The support... And the feels... Get real...

God. This took way to long to get out. I'm so sorry guys.

Zane~

You sit on next to Zane on his bed. He avoided eye contact with you... This worried you. Usually Zane was going on and on about how he could 'never look away from your beautiful eyes for a minute'...

"Zane... What happened out there?" You ask softly. Zane stays quiet for a few seconds, then finally glances up at you. He looked genuinely hurt... Emotionally, that is.

"We were fighting some rogue skeletons that were trying to start a frenzy with the Serpentine..." He starts. You wait as he pauses, to continue.

"I was fighting the leader... He wasn't too hard to beat. He had horrible defences, so you'd expect me to easily take him out...

However, he started to taunt me. Usually taunts don't bother me... For I don't react to taunts as my brothers. But these were... Different."

He pauses again, trying to focus on the floor and not you. You wait patiently as he finds the words.

*Flashback*

He started by saying...

"So... Quite the girl you have, huh Robot?"

I looked at him confused. "First off, I am a Nindroid... And second? ... Yes, Y/N is very nice." I replied.

"Indeed. But don't you think she deserves the best?" He asks. I was completely puzzled. Deserves the best? Of course... But where was he going with this?

Seeing my confusion, he decided to enlighten me on this. "Do you really think any girl wants a bunch of metal as a boyfriend?"

I was shocked. A bunch of metal? I have feelings- not many I understand, but I have feelings. And that kind of hurt.

"Well hold on now-" I tried retaliating.

"Don't deny it. You're just a robot with an identity crisis! Y/N probably wants someone who can understand her feelings- unlike something that has no feelings whatsoever."

My fists were trembling. Never before had anyone insulted me in such a ludicrous way.

"You're a robot. You don't deserve Y/N."

He hit me in the face with a bone, knocking half my exterior face off and shattering it. I saw myself in the reflection of my shattered exterior...

The last thing I heard from him was this;

"Robots don't deserve love."

*End of flashback*

You stare at Zane, shocked. "That... That's ridiculous!" You yelp. Zane frowns and stares at the ground. "But what if he was right?..."

"He's not!" You yell. Zane jumps a bit at your yelling. "But... You deserve the best... And... A robot?.. Doesn't..." He replies sadly. "What right does he have to say you don't deserve love? You know what love is, you feel it as an emotion... What he said is just pushing your buttons!"

"But he did not push any of my buttons." Zane replies, tilting his head. You face palm and smile a bit. "I mean, he was just trying to upset you... You're amazing, Zane. Don't let anyone ever tell you what you deserve and what you don't."

Zane suddenly wraps you in a tight hug, which you quickly return. He smiles, hiding his face in your shoulder. "Thank you..." He whispers.

You stroke his head softly and smile back. "Anytime."