Milan Lucic: "Birthday Party"

_________(Y/N) POV:

Today was Milan's surprise birthday party. I had planned everything perfectly, and was quite excited. Successfully, I got the boys from the Bruins to keep Milan occupied. The party would take place at Milan and I's home. Zdeno, Brad, and Patrice came over to help with setting up and decorating. Zdeno was super great; he was able to reach up high for everything considering his enormous height. I played music from my phone, keeping our energy going. "Marchy, hand me a balloon please." Zdeno said nicely. "Oh, and be careful not to pop it." Chuckling, Zdeno reached out his hand to a pouty Brad Marchand. "For the record, it wasn't my fault that they popped." Brad handed Zdeno the balloon with an elevated sass. "You have popped the last eight or nine I've asked of you." Again, Brad pouted. "Stop the whimpering and help ________(Y/N) decorate!" Scolded Patrice. Patrice wore a rosy pink part hat made out of thin card stock, topped off with a white puff ball. "You guys are like a bunch of little piglets." I said chuckling. The three players looked at me all dumbfounded. "Well I would be a piglet with a party hat." Patrice smiled widely. "Just work!" Suddenly, someone knocked on the door. We all froze, afraid of who it would be. "IT'S TUUKKA!!!!" We heard from the other side. Relaxing, I answered the door. "I brought the snacks!" Was Tuukka's greeting. Tuukka gave me the snacks and I went to arrange and organize them in little bowls. "Oh! Zdeno! I have a job for you." I called over my shoulder. So far we were making good time. "Yes?" Zdeno propped himself against a wall and looked to me. "I have a giant poster of Milan when he was little that I want you to put, is that too much?" I continued to organize. "No, it's perfect!"

After all the preparations were done, I went to change into nicer clothing than my ripped up gray sweat pants. Instead, I put on bleached jean shorts, a black tank top version of Milan's jersey, and put my hair up in a ponytail. Of course, this was simply a casual little party, and didn't require too much work on appearances. When I walked back into the living room where everyone was at, the guys were being all loud. "HEY!" I snapped stomping my foot. The room went silent. "Anyone have tabs on Milan and the crew?" I asked. Patrice emerged from the crowd of staff and players that had been arriving at random times. "Krejci and Pastrnak have him. They're coming soon." Patrice reported. "Thank you. Now when we see their car pull up outside, all of you guys have to be somewhat hidden and quiet. I just have to make he can't see through the door when I open it a bit. I'm going to trick him into thinking something is up. Zdeno! You know the plan." Zdeno smirked from behind Tuukka. "They just pulled up! Hide!" Everyone followed my plan. About two minutes later, there was a knock on the door. Milan had keys to the house, but I had taken it off of his key ring early this morning. Of course he hadn't noticed. "Baby, I don't have my key. Come unlock the door please." He said sweetly. Slowly, I unlocked the door. "Hi honey...Davids." I awkwardly answered the door and didn't open it very much. "What's up?" Milan questioned. "What?" "_____(Y/N)! What are you doing? Who's there?" Zdeno asked. I bit my lips and looked around. "Was that Z?" Milan was getting defensive. "No it was just-" Zdeno came up behind me. "Ooooooh....Hi Milan..." Zdeno sighed. "Zdeno what are you doing in my house with my girl?" Milan straightened his posture while Krejci and Pastrnak laughed silently behind my fuming boyfriend. "We were just-" Milan opened the door and I let him in. Right as he was about to yell at Zdeno, everyone screamed: HAPPY BIRTHDAY LOOOCH!" Milan looked over at everyone and completely melted down within himself. "Ahhh my gosh...You guys are horrible!" He said. "Gothca Lucic! That's revenge for eating my pastries a couple months ago. Zdeno bellowed. Milan rolled his eyes. "Whatever! And you, missy!" He pointed to me. "Happy Birthday~! I love you!" I kissed him and smiled. "Tricking me into thinking something was up between you and Zdeno...That scared me!" Milan laughed and hugged me. "Oh get over it! It's time to have some fun!"