Jonas Hiller: "It's Alright"

Lately, you had noticed a difference in your Swiss-born husband. His movements were threateningly slow. He would not form complete sentences, but instead sadly look to you. It had gotten to the point where you could tell by the way he looked at you what he wanted: to sleep, or eat, or even go on a walk alone. You were insanely worried about him. In the last week, the most he had said was "I'm sorry, I'll clean it up" after dropping a glass in your tiled kitchen.

He still managed to keep up with his personal hygiene, but also acquired scratches and bumps from shaving, accidentally brushing his teeth too much, and rubbing a wash cloth on his skin too much.

You hated seeing him like this, and today would be the day you do something about it.

Walking into your bedroom, you carefully sat next to Jonas. His breathing was constant, but a bit uneven. You placed your hand on his back, slowly rubbing him. "I hope you are dreaming well. I love you, you know that. It hurts seeing you this way. If there is anything you want to tell me, anything, just do it." You kissed behind his ear before leaving to the kitchen.

Only about fifteen minutes later, you were hugged tightly from behind. A little startled, you realized it was just Jonas - but he was crying. "Baby what's wrong?" You ask, turning to him. He was a bit taller than you, so you looked up to his sad, sad eyes. "I-I-" He had no idea how to put any words together to tell you how he felt. "Come here, sit down with me."

You guided him to the couch and pulled his head onto your chest, holding him close.

"I'm not any good, _____(Y/N). It's like the whole vertigo thing keeps coming back to me. I have good days, but then I have bad days. Either way, the days never line up how I want them to. I'm afraid for our game tomorrow. I understand it's a regular season game and it does matter, but you know that my coach is thinking less and less about me starting the game and more and more about Ramo starting. Ramo is a good guy and all but I don't want it to be this way. I want to be better. I can't even see pucks anymore. They pass by me behind the net but I'm still sitting there looking for them. What kind of goalie is that? I am responsible almost every time. I mean, as a goaltender, it's my job and I can't even do it right-" Jonas could not stop after he started talking to you. He said the same things over and over, but you knew they were important things to him. Of course you did not want to say it, but you did see his vertigo-like symptoms like the ones from 2011.

Sometimes Jonas would zone out, and his eye would twitch as he swayed back and forth like a palm tree. He constantly whimpered "Ow" under his breathe while holding his head. Not too often he would momentarily fall or trip, but generally was able to catch himself.

"...." He was doing it again.

"Jonas. Jonas. Baby it's okay, stay with me. Do you want some water? Focus on me. Come on babe focus on me." You waved slowly in Jonas' face. "Can you give me a high five?" Tiredly, he tried to high five you, but he missed. You swallowed dryly, seeing that he really was being more and more affected by these symptoms he had once been clear of.

"I-I missed your hand...not again.." A small pout formed on his lips.

"It's alright. It's just a bad day, but you'll have a good day again, I know you will. We'll get this figured out. Coach knows what's going on, and he still has you on the team and roster. Just relax and we'll figure this out together, okay?"

For the first time in weeks, Jonas smiled at you.

"Okay"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: I watched a couple interviews with Jonas when he had the vertigo-like symptoms back in 2011 and it just seems so scary >.<