Tyler Seguin: "Come On"

"Tyler what is wrong with you right now?"

Tyler had been rummaging through his stuff in his apartment.

"____(Y/N), we can't do this anymore. My game has sucked. Matter of fact, I haven't had any game."

Tyler continued going through closets and suitcases, getting more and more aggressive.

"Are you referring to how you've been playing? Cause it seems like you are doing pretty well-"

"_____(Y/N)!" He snapped, throwing down a plastic container.

Stunned, you stopped in your tracks, not getting closer to him like you had originally planned to.

"Don't stand there and lie to me. You've been to every game for the past month and you've seen how bad I have been. I've missed easy chances, I can't pass a puck for shit, and I can't even watch where I'm going. I'm a mess. For all I know, they're gonna ship me off somewhere and forget that I even came to Dallas. The name 'Tyler Seguin' won't mean anything here. And it's all because I can't catch my game for the life of me. But if I listen to you, someone who doesn't even actually play or coach, but thinks I'm doing well, I could wreck my whole career. You always sugar coat things, and it won't ever help me in my game, or in my personal life." A dangerous snarl was all that came from Tyler, but pain is the only thing you comprehended. "T-Tyler...I...." There were no words you could bring to this dying conversation. "I'm sorry...f-for loving you and caring..."

You picked up your small handbag, hoisted the strap around your frame, and tried to keep yourself from crying.

"He's supposed to fight for me now. This is always the time where he fights for you and says sorry for what he's done." You thought. With a longing look, you turned back to make eye contact with Tyler. He looked pained, mouth gaping, but not a word left his lips.

"_____(Y/N), I promise I didn't mean it like that I meant it in another way"

"Don't be like me and sugarcoat anything."

You left his apartment without a second thought. It was over. He'd made it seem like you were nothing but trouble to him, but he had no idea of how to correct what he had said. It was all too late.

~~

For the last couple months, you had redecorated your own small home with some Do-It-Yourself projects, but also some help from service men and movers. Currently you had a landscaper over, deciding how to decorate your newly installed koi pond.

"How many koi fish do have?" The landscaper had a sweet smile as he asked about you numerous fish.

"I have eight. There's Bubbles, Ren, Jibbly, Ulysses-" You paused, seeing Tyler in the driveway. His Dallas Stars tank top hung losely off his broad shoulders.

"____(Y/N)"

His voice was quiet. "Is that Tyler Seguin? That guy is bomb!" You ignored the landscaper, not really caring for what he thought at the moment. "Tyler why are you here? You made it clear that I rough your game, why would you come back?" You kept a strong stature, despite the weakening feeling in you throat.

"You know I love you. I didn't mean to say what I did that night. I've been playing worse, knowing that I drove you away. I-I can't even tell you how much you mean to me! It would take days, and months, and years, and centuries and I can't just let you leave. It'll kill me if I do this to you again. Please ____(Y/N)....give me another chance..." Slowly, Tyler had been walking closer and closer to you, now in a good kissing range.

"Tyler I don't know about this all. You hurt me. I've stayed up crying over you for so long, blaming myself over and over."

"That's not what I want. I want to hold you and tell you how important you are. I want to appreciate you for making it to all of my games, for loving me. For everything you've ever done for me. Wait. I want to know one thing." Tyler's eyes were light and careful.

"Do you still love me?"

It was like time had slowed as he spoke. You looked down, causing Tyler to sigh and bite his lower lip.

"I do still love you....I-I...I have still gone to all of your games, just sitting in different places than usual...I watch the movies we like every Friday, and get that pasta from around the corner. Heck, I named on of my koi fish after you. Well, his name is 'Seguin' because of the one sportscaster who said your last name wrong." You chuckled to yourself.

"That's adorable," Hope surged through you, locking eyes with Tyler. "But, kiss me if you really love me."

He could barely end his sentence before you kissed him. He smiled, and that's when you both knew what you meant to each other.