Taylor Hall: "Cheer Up"

It was a very important day for Edmonton Oilers. Well, not just for the Oilers, but all thirty teams. It was the last day of the regular season, and everyone had a game to play and if it went in their favor, win. The Edmonton Oilers would face the Vancouver Canucks, hopefully getting their rightly deserved spot in the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

The game was currently tied. There wasn't much time left, and you could see Taylor's frustration. When he was upset, his stature became heavy, as if some type of negative energy was powering everything he did. Taylor sent a nod to his teammate Jordan Eberle, who sent one right back. This was to signal for something to happen, but who knew what.

As you stood in the stands, you watched intently. You believed that they could get just a couple more points against the Canucks and make it. Yet, this game had to be settled with overtime. With intensity ranked up, Alexander Edler of the Vancouver Canucks scored, winning the game for his team, six to five. It was over.

The ending of the game brought along cheers from Canucks fans, and saddened hearts to Oilers fans. Of course you were an Oilers fan, considering Taylor Hall was your boyfriend of three years. You knew how important this game was, and you knew he wasn't going to be happy. Whether sad or mad or just without any emotion, you knew he would not show any clear happiness.

You waited around for Taylor, for you had planned to take him out after the game despite the end result of it. With his head hanging low, Taylor emerged with Jordan Eberle and Ryan Nugent-Hopkins trailing behind him. As soon as he saw you, he held out his arms - dropping his bags - and hugged you tightly. "You did great tonight, Taylor." You comfort him softly. He mumbled something you couldn't understand. His six foot one inched hundred nintey-five pound body was much bigger than yours, so hugging him tightly back was a bit of a challenge but you tried your best to be there for your boyfriend. "Can you drive, _____(Y/N)?" Taylor asked. "Of course... I was actually thinking of taking you out for dinner. Do you want to go eat?" Taylor looked down at you. "Not really...but thank you." He kissed your forehead and went back to get his previously dropped bags. You pulled the keys out from your small handbag, twirling them around your index finger. Coming back, Taylor grasped your hand lightly. "Night Hallsy." Jordan and Ryan called. "Night boys." Taylor answered back, waving his index and middle finger back at his two teammates. As you walk out to the car, Taylor was dead silent. He looked like a zombie without the mangled, ripped clothing and eerie, green skin. "Babe, guess what?" You asked with an excited tone. "What?" His voice was insanely gentle. It was like him to be polite, sweet, and friendly, but when he was saddened or pained, these characteristics were intensified.

"Tomorrow we are going to have a party." You say with a smile. Taylor looks at you with a look usually only a puppy could give. "What for?" His eyes were glassy. "For you, silly! A party of two; me and you." You kissed him and started up the car, letting him ponder on what kind of party he would end up having.

When you arrived home, Taylor went straight to the bedroom, already having showered at the rink. He stripped down to his boxers and laid on his side of the bed. You didn't want to do anything to him quite yet, so you simply kept on his jersey and changed into short shorts. "Do you want to sleep alone tonight?" You asked. Instantly, he turned towards you. "No no....come here....please." With a slight smile you laid down next to him, wrapping your arms around him. "Goodnight cutie patootie." You said smiling. Taylor couldn't help but chuckle. He shifted and turned towards you. "Thanks for being you, ______(Y/N)." He kissed you and fell asleep hold in your hand.

~~~~~~~~
SEVERAL THINGS! 1.) I AM INSANELY SAD THAT OILERS AREN'T GOING TO THE PLAYOFFS! 2.) Am I the only one who ships Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle? Okay yeah okay 3.) Comment below your feelings about the teams going to the playoffs!