David Pastrnak: "Injured and Missing the Game"

"It's rough seeing such a consistently hard-working rookie get struck with an injury this far into his first NHL season." You were done listening to commentators about your boyfriend's broken femur. It infuriated you that some big shot decided to purposely hurt David, causing an injury he wouldn't be able to return from as quickly as something else. The player who committed the injury to David was now suspended, but he didn't seem to mind at all.

Currently, you were caring for David at his apartment. He spent a lot of time catching up on sleep he had been lacking for the past several weeks. All he wanted was to keep working on getting better, but it had made him weak at different points of the day. "_____(Y/N), where are you?" A helpless David whined. "Right here baby." You came out of his bedroom and into the living room putting your hair up in a ponytail. As you lifted your arms up to secure the ponytail holder, your shirt rose up, showing your belly. "I miss you." David said drowsily. Chuckling, you got David a water bottle and his pain medication. "I didn't go anywhere, David. All I did was fold up some of your clothes. Take this." You carefully gave your boyfriend the water and medication. "But I missed you still." David resembled a whiny little kitten, making sure he responded to absolutely everything. Most of this was him being tired and the medication, but was more adorable to you than annoying like some would think. You sat next to him rubbing his cheeks. "Awwwe my baby." You kissed him and giggled. Suddenly, the doorbell rang. You went to go answer it. "Hello!" A cheery Milan Lucic greeted. "Hey! Lucic is here." You let him come in and see David. "How are you, little buddy?" Milan chuckled patting David's shoulder. "He's a bit out of it thanks to his pain medication so excuse him if he says something odd." You warned. Milan simply chuckled. "I am not that odd...now..." David slurred just a little. "We miss you Pasta. It's different not seeing you smile all the time." Milan said sweetly. "I miss you too." A slight pout replaced David's smile. "He misses you guys a great deal. Trust me." Milan made a sad face. "If you want, I can set up NHL 15 for you guys in here. There isn't much that needs to be done and David could use a little little of fun." You said smiling. "Can you do that please, _____(Y/N)?" David asked innocently. "Of course." You didn't mind doing things for David, and he was the same way with you. Untangling all the wires and chords, you set up the Xbox so Milan and David could play it. Once you were done, you turned it on and gave controllers to the two awaiting boys. "Thank you a lot." David said with his cheeky smile. "No problem baby." You kissed him and continued to smile all silly-like. "I love you." "I love you too."

You let Milan and David hang out in the living room while you went fix up David's bedroom. The medication he was on altered his normal sleeping habits and every night it was something happening. Last night he was horrendously thirsty, leaving dozens of water bottles everywhere and many times for him to use his crutches to go to the bathroom. You could tell that he was tired just by the way he moved back and forth. You had tried to help him during this time but he wouldn't let you. "You've done so much already." David would repeat over and over.

First, you collected all of the plastic water bottles. They were scattered in numerous places around his room. Putting them in a little pile, next were all of the blankets he had needed but then had kicked off during the night. You never realized how many blankets someone could have until you had folded all of his blankets. You took the pile of water bottles to the small kitchen next to the living room. "_____(Y/N)! I miss you.. Where is she Milan?" David sounded sad. "Babe I'm right here." You strolled over to him and kneeled down next to him. Milan was sitting at the edge of the couch while David laid across the couch with his head in Milan's lap. "Are you okay?" David nodded and held your hand. "But..." He trailed off and began to shake. "It's okay Pasta. Calm down a little for me okay?" You comforted your precious boyfriend. "But..." He trailed off again. "Is he alright?" Milan asked looking at David's eyes. "Yes. These are just side effects. They used some type of different medicine than usual with him but I don't know why. With all this new technology, who knows what they gave him." You rubbed his forehead with your thumb. "Awe our little rookie! Do I need to get him something? I can go get whatever." Milan offered. "Could you get him some Vitamin Water or something? I think he has been losing some nutrients lately. He'll probably be a bit better after that." You asked looking up to Milan. "Sure. Anything! I'll be back, okay Pasta Pastrnak?" Milan chuckled lifting up David's head. You replaced where Milan was sitting. "Don't be gone for too long. Bye Loooooooooooch...." Laughing, Milan left. "Can you play NHL 15 with me please?" David asked. "Of course. I'll try my best." He restarted the game. "You can be on the Boston Bruins and I'll be on the Detroit Red Wings, yeah?" You said chuckling. David choffed. "Wow...I suppose so." He picked the teams and you guys played together. "Oooo..ooooh! Oh! David! Look look look! GOAL!" You scored and David simply looked at you in disappointment. "Hey you! Be proud of your girlfriend!" You poked his nose and he giggled. "If I have to." You kissed him and he smiled.