f i v e

Annabelle's university year finally came to an end after a long term of studying and taking exams. She was extremely tired to say the least.

Annabelle and Pierre had become extremely close after their small reunion at the Monaco Grand Prix. They liked to often text and call each other when they could. Unbeknown to Charles, of course.

She didn't know what to think of their interactions. Whether it was something more than friendship or whether all this was leading up to something. All she knew was that they had never been this close before. She didn't know what she wanted to come of it but what she did know was that she loved his company, even if it was virtual at the moment.

Annabelle woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning in July in her university house located in the outskirts of Manchester. A small hangover lingering after a heavy outing of drinking the previous night to various pubs and bars.

She looked to her beside clock. 11:28am. She had definitely overslept, not that it mattered as she had nowhere to be. She was returning home to Monaco for the summer next weekend, after the British Grand Prix that she could barely wait for.

Her phone started to ring from across the room. She sluggishly got out of her bed reaching for her phone on the top of her drawers. The screen read Charle's name and she picked up instantly.

"Charles!" She smiled as she greeted him, she had barely spoke to him in the past few months due to her extremely busy schedule.

"Bonjour Belle. I just need a quick favour from you."

Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows, "Yes?"

"Open your front door."

She gasped, he couldn't be.

She ran down the stairs in an instant, rushing towards the front door. To her suspicion, her brother was stood there with his arms widened and she immediately ran into them.

"Oh my god! What are you doing here?"

Charles chuckled, "I thought I'd come out a week before the Grand prix so we could spend some time together. I feel like we barely see each other anymore."

Annabelle's heart ached, it was true. They were inseparable when they were younger, only being a year apart in age, they used to do everything together. But now due to Charles' work and Annabelle's studies, it was hard for them to see each other on a regular basis.

"That's so great. Are you staying here? Because you can have my bed if you want. I don't mind staying on the sofa."

Charles shook his head, "Thank you, Belle, but I've booked us rooms in London I thought we could stay down there. I know how much you liked it."

He really is the best brother, Annabelle thought. "That's amazing, Charles, thank you. How much was it? I'll send you the money."

Charles chuckled, "Don't be silly. It's fine. I mean, I do drive for Ferrari." He fakes arrogance.

Annabelle laughs, "Shut up. When do we leave?"

He checks his watch, "Our train leaves in two hours."

Annabelle nods, mentally deciding what to pack. "You could've warned me! I need to pack, have a shower, get dressed..."

"Sorry Belle, I just wanted to surprise you."

She shook her head, "No, it was a lovely surprise. Ignore me."

Annabelle managed to have a shower and get dressed within forty five minutes all she had to
do now was pack. She was taking a rather large suitcase as she thought it was pointless to come back up to Manchester to pick up clothes for the Grand Prix.

Charles was sat on her bed, scrolling aimlessly on his instagram feed, killing time whilst his stressed sister packed.

Annabelle heard her phone ringing but didn't bother to answer it, reminding herself to ring whoever it was later as she couldn't afford to lose time right now.

"Your phones ringing." Charles stated the obvious.

"Yes, I know. I'll answer it later."

Unbeknown to her, Charles picked up Annabelle's ringing phone. "Pierre? Why's Pierre calling you?"

Annabelle's eyes widened, shit, she mentally cursed. She awkwardly scratched the back of her neck, "I'm not sure, random occurrence?" The phone had stopped ringing by now.

Charles' eyebrows furrowed, "But it was a facetime call, that would be very random if it was out of the blue." He knew something was off.

"We're just friends, Charles. I have known him since I was twelve." She laughed it off.

"You've never been this close before." Her brother stated.

Annabelle rolled her eyes, "Just drop it Charles, it's nothing, we're just friends."

Charles held up his arms in defence before scrolling though his phone again.

**

liked by pierregasly, alex_albon and 21,888 others

annabelle_leclerc: surprise trip to london❤️
tagged: charles_leclerc

752 comments

nat.richard: can i look like you😤
annabelle_leclerc: right back at you😚

user1: are you going to the british grand prix????

landonorris: so you have the audacity to come down south and not visit me
annabelle_leclerc: sorry monegasques only xxxxx

pierregasly: 😍
annabelle_leclerc: merci 🥰

load more comments