t h i r t e e n

It was Saturday qualifying at Monza and Annabelle was sat in Charles' garage with Arthur and Lorenzo, all with their headsets on, minding their own business. Qualifying was set to start in the next ten minutes, so Annabelle was currently scrolling through her instagram feed.

"Annabelle, Arthur, Lorenzo." The siblings looked up to see Mattia Binnoto, the team principal of Ferrari, stood in front of them.

"Buongiorno Mattia, how are you?" Annabelle greeted him.

"I'm fine thank you, and yourself?"

Annabelle smiled, "I'm great."

Mattia returned the smile, "I actually came to ask you something, Annabelle. I have seen your photographs of Charles and his car online and I thought they were amazing."

She grinned, "Thank you."

"That brings me onto my question, our current photographer has just left for maternity leave and won't be returning for the rest of the season. I was wondering if you would like to fill her position? I know you enjoy coming to race weekends with Charles and your photography is excellent."

Annabelle was overwhelmed and she couldn't wipe the smile off her face, "Wow."

Mattia chuckled, "I can give you time to think about it."

Why would I need time to think about this? "Yes! I would love to be Ferrari's photographer. I would be honoured." After growing up watching Formula 1, to work for such an iconic team would be a dream come true for Annabelle.

Mattia grinned, "That's great! You can start next race weekend. Would it be possible for you to come to Maranello next week and we can sort out all of the contracts? Charles will also be there so you can travel with him."

Annabelle didn't need to time to think, "Of course. Thank you so much for this opportunity, Mattia."

She held out her hand for him and he gladly took it, shaking it gratefully.

"That's no problem. I'm glad to have you on the team."

Annabelle turned back to her brothers, who were both grinning proudly. She was in shock about what just happened.

"Well done, Annabelle!" Arthur embraced her in a tight hug.

Lorenzo stole his sister off Arthur, "I'm so proud of you! Working for Ferrari, huh? That's big news." He wrapped her in a bone crushing hug.

"Thank you both. I can't believe that just happened."

**

The day couldn't have gone better. Charles was on pole position and Annabelle was still in shock over her job offer from Ferrari, she was yet to tell her brother about it.

Unfortunately Pierre qualified 15th which wasn't the best of results but she knew he could do better on the day. She couldn't wait to tell him the news of her job offer.

She had to wait at least half an hour for Charles to finish all of his press interviews before he made his way back to the Ferrari garage. When he made his way into the garage he locked eyes with his sister who waved him over.

"Congrats! Pole position!" She embraced him in a tight hug.

"Well done mate. Well in, Charles." Her brothers congratulated him, both hugging him too.