s e v e n

Annabelle cringed as she watched Pierre go wide of the track in attempt to overtake Albon. In result, he was forced to retire from the race as he badly damaged his front wing and tires. She heard him exclaim in frustration through her headphones. She knew he would be upset and it made her sad to think about.

He made his way back into the garage with his head down and helmet still on. He avoided everyone's eyes and walked straight to the back of the garage and into his private room. Annabelle followed him immediately knowing he would need someone to talk to.

She knocked on the door lightly before opening it to seen a very glum Pierre sat on the sofa. He met her eyes briefly before turning back to look at the floor.

She placed herself next to him, resting her hand on his shoulder. "Are you okay, Pi?"

He shook his head, "I can't believe I did that, I'm so stupid."

Annabelle rubbed his shoulder lightly with her thumb, "You're not stupid. The conditions were bad to begin with and it was just an unfortunate overtake. You collided as he went to defend, there was nothing you could do, Pi."

Pierre sighed, putting his head in his hands. "I've done nothing at Redbull. I've been here for half the season and I've done nothing."

Annabelle furrowed her eyebrows, "Pierre, you came fourth last race, that doesn't sound like nothing to me."

He scoffed slightly, "That's my best result. Red Bull are a huge team, they expect podiums. They get them almost every week with Max, yet I haven't managed one."

She chewed on her lip, "You're just adjusting, Pi. Don't beat yourself up." She runs a hand through his hair before rubbing his cheek softly with her thumb. "It's not your fault."

Pierre doesn't say anything but pulls her closer to him, almost on to his lap. He rests his head in the crook of her neck, holding on to her tightly.

"I'm never letting you go."

**

@ annabelle_leclerc

**

@ pierregasly

**

The pair went to a local restaurant in the little town of Nürburg. The food was amazing and they talked about everything and anything.

"When did you first decide to be a formula one driver?" Annabelle asked, taking a sip of her drink.

"I've always loved formula one. I remember watching it at a young age and being amazed at Ayrton Senna. I knew from that I wanted to do the same as him."

Annabelle smiled, "So then what?"

"I started karting. My father would take me on the weekends and eventually I made my way up into Formula Renault, then formula 4, 3, 2 and now here I am."

"That's amazing. I remember when Charles was karting, I used to love sitting at the side with my dad watching."

Annabelle's face softened a bit when she mentioned her dad, she missed him everyday. Pierre noticed and reached for her hand, holding it in his.

"I'm always here if you want to talk, Bella."

Annabelle smiled gratefully, "Thank you."

They finished their meals, having a quick walk through the village at dusk before making their way back to the hotel.

Pierre, being the gentleman that he is, walked Annabelle back to her hotel room.

"Want to come in for a bit?" She asked him as she opened the door.

Pierre nodded, "Sure."

They sat down on the bed, Annabelle immediately logging into her Netflix on the hotel tv.

"What to do you want to watch?"

Pierre shrugs, "Anything."

Annabelle doesn't have to think before putting on 'Dirty Dancing', one of her all time favourite films.

"How many times have you watched this?" Pierre chuckles from beside her.

Annabelle laughed, "Many."

As the opening credits started and the familiar sound of 'Be My Baby' by the Ronnettes began to play, Pierre pulled Annabelle into his side as she rested her head on his chest.

The film ran its course and Pierre enjoyed it more than he would've liked to admit. "That was quite good."

Having no reply, he looked down to the petite girl sleeping soundly on his chest. Chuckling to himself, he carefully placed her in her bed before quietly making his way down the corridor to his own room.