Chapter 59: A Friend

y/n: Oh

Penny: The General was extremely clear: Monitor everything you say or do, and especially anything that doesn't make sense. Analyze it and form hypothesis on why you would say those things. Be wary of any bet or joke about the future you make

...

y/n: Well... That was to expect...

"As of now, I have enough elements that let me assume you... you know the future. At least to some extent. Every prediction you made all turned out true, and your weird actions at times have, mostly, been confirmed logic if you had knowledge of the future. Like how you did not even flinch when the General announced he would destroy Mantle, or how you dodged Vine's attack when the Ace Ops attacked us. These are just some examples but I can list all of them"

...

You raise your hands above your head

"You got me. I'm guilty"

Her eyes widen

Penny: Really!?

"Well... Yes. It's no use hiding it anymore"

"How interesting. I estimated at 87.6% the probability of you denying it, whever it was true or not"

"Guess even a supercalculator can't predict me, huh?"

"Anyway. I understand now. Why the General trusted you. Why Ozpin trusted you. They both know don't they?"

"They both think I do. But you're the first one to confront me about it. Although they both got some other info from me on their own"

"Like how you come from another world?"

She smiles

y/n: Okay now you're scaring me

Penny: I might... Or might not... Have been eve dropping on your conversation with the General when you arrived...

"You little rascal, you're actually quite shrewd aren't you?"

"Was it a compliment?"

"Yes Penny"

"Thanks! Anyway, I wanted to come to the main subject"

"What there's more to it?"

"Everything I know about those particularities of yours are going to be deleted from my memory in 5 minutes"

"Wha-why?!"

"If you didn't tell us anything, then it means you deem it necessary that what will happen happens, for our final victory. However, even if I've managed to not take you into account when making my decisions until now, this is not something I can do anymore. I estimate my chances of surviving this operation to be less than 15%"

"What?! Then why did you agree?!"

"Because I believe in Ruby, and you, and all the others. And the General needs to be stopped now. But the fact you know what will happen is strangely affecting me. I absolutely want to know what is going to happen, and that thought will be preventing from doing the right thing in the crucial moment. So I'm going to erase those thoughts while I still can. Don't worry about me, I was already prepared to die when I asked Ruby to kill me"

I can't fucking do this anymore. I just want go get there, solve everything and spank the hell out of this plot

y/n: Penny I--

She takes your hand with hers

Penny: Please. Just tell me. Is it going to work? Are we going to save Atlas? Mantle? Everyone!?