Chapter 61: A Peculiar Landing

No wind.

No sound.

No one.

Only her own thoughts remained.

Schlag was falling but it didn't seem like it to her.

Was this death? Didn't really feel like it. She still had her body, could move around and her thoughts were clear.

Where the hell am I falling? She wondered, as it didn't occur to her that a fall wouldn't end in a landing despite the recent event challenging her grasp on reality.

Just at the moment where it started to get a little boring to fall through the void, she felt drained of her energy, and fell unconscious.

In a far, far away castle, an expecting prince inspects his guard, prepared to behead any who would do him the offense of not being perfectly dressed the day of his birthday.

Oh how he was anticipating this day. His day. He would get gifts, reverences, win at his favorite game and what's best: Everyone had to do as he wished!

The small prince stopped in his tracks, wondering what difference his birthday would make since he was the prince, and everyone had to do as he wished everyday anyways.

As he stopped before one of guards, the others interpreted it as a sign that the poor soul had displeased the prince and before his royal highness could react, he was taken away behind a bush and promptly beheaded with the halberd of another guard.

Well he'll be back eventually anyways Though the prince as he continued his march down his beautiful royal garden, full of lushing roses and autumn-colored trees.

Just finishing his inspection, he turned around and looked at his magnificent royal guard, which he was sure no army could challenge (Not that there was any other military force on this land anyway), and no riches could corrupt.

However one thing took his fleeting attention off his troops. A light in the sky. How weird. There was usually only one sun. In his kingdom at least.

Perhaps the sky itself sent me a birthday greeting! His princely self imagined. After all, else could it be?

Red Prince: See guards? The sky understands how to behave on the day of my birthday! You should take an example from him and get me wonderful gifts. Although he missed the spot by making this light yellow and not red...

Guards: Yes, your highness!

I guess yellow is close enough to red at least... It could have been far worse. Like green. But everyone knows I hate green, so– The Prince was taken out of his thoughts when he noticed the light seemed bigger now.

Well the sky is officially pardoned for the color, since it's even bigger now He rationalized.

But grew bigger again.

The guards were now also fixated on it, which would have greatly angered the Prince if he himself was not also curious as to why his birthday greetings seemed to slowly change to a birthday gift, falling from the sky. Directly on him.

Suddenly the bright light hit the ground at a staggering speed, throwing everyone off balance and sending the Prince flying. Dust was thrown up and it took a few seconds for everyone to process what had just happened.

Schlag rose on her feet, still unsettled and feeling like she had been hit by a truck. But at least she was on the ground now. She shook some dust off of her and looked around. She was first startled by the redness of the whole place.

Was this the afterlife in the end? No way... y/n wouldn't have tried to let himself fall if he'd risk dying. Somehow, he thought it best to follow that damned Ruby brat again... She thought, getting angered right after she had landed. However before any more names could come out of her mouth, she noticed the result of her arrival.