Chapter 62: Woody Reunion

The Girl Who Fell Through The World

Such is the name of a fairy tale that all children in Remnant know. But for what will follow, you will need a quick resume...

A girl named Alyx, somehow fell through the world and arrived in the Ever-After, a mysterious place where the rules of Remnant did not apply. No Grimm, no Huntsman and no humans. The inhabitants of this world all had a purpose and did not question it any more than that. Alyx came crashing into it all.

She met with a mouse after washing up on shore, who helped her fight off the only hostile creature of this world, the Jabberwalker. After that her knife got stolen by a talking raccoon, who put it for auction. She stole it back, after failing to pay for it with some of her memory.

She was then led to the Red King, which she "fairly" beat in a game and was obligated to help her find an exit.

She then met the Curious Cat, who told her the giant tree right in the middle of the land could send her back home. The Curious Cat at and the Rusted Knight, whom she also met in her travels, led her to it and she finally got out.

Such is the story as it reached team RWBY.

You'll learn that the reality of this place is far from the fairy tale.

But let's get back to our story.

While Schlag was entangled in crimson royalty, team RWBY was washing up on shore and discovering the wonders of the Ever-After.

Ruby was making friends with a talking mouse, Yang was getting her arm stolen by a raccoon and Weiss and Blake learned that vines turned out to be very dangerous for girls in this world. But that's not the focus of our story here.

In consequence we join the team when, after much weird hardships, they find their way to the Crimson Castle with some soldiers, to whom they gave one of Penny's crystal swords they found as a gift for the Red Prince's birthday.

Arriving at the castle, team RWBY was first worried to see so many guards on the walls, and the soldiers seemed to have a hard time getting in.

After a while, they entered the garden, and the Prince got introduced by just two guards with trumpets, who did not seem to be used to playing as just a duo which resulted in the music sounding horrible.

The Red Prince walked forward like nothing was different from the usual chorus and stopped before the team, striking a pompous pose. They looked at him in doubt.

Ruby: You're the Red King?

Red Prince: Ugh... How dare you?! There is no King! I am the Red Prince! Why I never! Coming to someone's castle without even knowing who they are!

A good remark on the Prince's part, since our heroines got the wrong royal here. For a simple reason: Team RWBY decided to try to follow the story, and thus went to the Crimson Castle looking for the Red King and ultimately, are trying to get to the Tree.