Chapter 63: Questions

Ruby: Kitty kitty! Kitty kitty! Kitty kitty kitty! Oww... Come on Kitty!

The group was still searching for the cat, believing it to be the key to get out of this place.

The mouse on Ruby's shoulder suddenly popped up, sniffed and pointed toward the tall grass at the side of the road.

Little: The cat's here!

They all turned and saw the cat's tail wagging.

Ruby: Uh... Excuse me?

Curious Cat's head, popping from the other side of the road: You're excused

In some very weird moments, the back and front of the cat, seemingly cut clean, walk towards each other and clap back as one.

Ruby: Uh... Hello... Uh cat... Curious Cat? Which one do you go by?

Cat: Oh I don't go by. That belongs to the days and the years.But if you are asking me what I am, I do suppose I am indeed a cat... most curious.

The cat smiled, seemingly proud of its word play.

Yang could take a page out of his book, thought Schlag.

Ruby: Uh... Look my friends and I really need to get to that giant tree and so far nothing we've tried has gotten us any further.

Cat: The Tree... Tree tree tree tree... Of course! That is most definitely impossible. You do not go to the tree the tree goes to you, unless of course you're me. You see ?

The cat smiled even more, as Schlag took back what she thought early : This was definitely more annoying than Yang's pun.

Yang: Not even a little bit.

Cat: Well that's your problem. It's a matter of perspective I'm afraid.

Ruby: But couldn't you take us there then. You've been there before.

Cat, shocked by that suggestion: So why would I ever want to go back? Yes, I'm glad we understand one another. No sense in seeing a sight seen.

And the cat went after another butterfly.

That's what he would call "trolling" I believe...

Blake: Please! You helped Alyx when she was–

Hearing that name, the cat turned its attention back to the group and started flying really close to Blake's face.

Cat: Alyx? Alyx Alyx ? How do you know her? Are you friends of hers? Life long nemesis?

The cat leaned on its back and put one paw in front of its eyes.

Cat: Wait don't tell me...

Two seconds passed of the cat trying to guess before it stopped and grabbed Blake by the cheeks.

Cat: Okay no tell me!

Blake: Uh...

Ruby: We don't know her personally.

Weiss: She wrote a book, about her entire adventure in the Ever-After.

The cat turned to Weiss and flew towards her.

Cat: A book? Is it well liked?

Blake: It's kind of a childhood favorite of... everyone's, where we're from.

Cat: Yes! Oh please! I simply must know more! What did she write about? How was I portrayed and... do I smell a mouse?

Saying this it turned to Ruby, making Little uncomfortable, which resulted in Blake putting herself between them to get its attention.