Chapter Six

I went back to my apartment right after I left Louis in the bar. It made me laugh as I walked home, because the last time I had stayed out all night with any guy was in college. Surprisingly, that time wasn't nearly as nice as last night was. I was a little relieved, however, that I didn't have to kick Louis in the groin before I walked out of there. It was never the most graceful way to walk out of a public place, and I was already so tired.

I practically skipped to my bed when I entered the building, I was so happy to be home. The sun was beginning to rise and so I had to go over and close my curtains. I decided then that I had made a great investment in navy colored curtains. I turned to my bed and smiled like I was in love with it because in that moment I probably was. I didn't even bother putting on any pajamas, it was much easier to just strip off my dirty clothes and sleep like that. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I fell asleep. I really hadn't realized how exhausted I had been until I got home; it was amazing to think I had walked all the blocks to get there.

I never really dreamed. I mean, I'm sure I did, but I never remembered them. When I'd wake up, I'd only be left with bits and pieces that couldn't possibly be placed together. So, I usually forgot about them and that was it. There was never a specific person, place, or action that I was left to think about. Maybe that was a blessing though: with the way my life was I couldn't imagine how messed up a dream would be.

I doubt I would've had enough time to dream, even if I did, that morning. After what felt like minutes, my eyes were wide open and I was groaning into my pillow as the devil started knocking on my door. I looked over at the clock on the bedside table and saw that I had slept for all of five hours, which was good enough on a work day. But, today was my day off and I intended to spent most, if not all of it, sleeping and clearing out my DVR.

I got up out of bed and pushed my hair out of my face, yawning a little just so that I could be fully awake as I chewed out whoever my visitor was. The floor was cool against my sore feet, just making things a little more uncomfortable. My apartment was dark still, due to the navy curtains, and I wished that it would stop lying to me. It wouldn't have been such a big deal when someone hadn't woken me up. But damn, this person wasn't going to leave me alone. I had stalled for a good three minutes, slowly making my way through my apartment as yes, I had in fact just woken up. The knocking continued though, in fact it never fucking stopped.

I opened the door quickly with a prepared glare for whoever it was on the other side. I didn't care if it was the President at the moment, they woke me up and they weren't going to get away with it. And oh, how I wished it had been the president. At least if it was Obama I probably wouldn't have been so angry. His reason for being there could've been important. But Louis Tomlinson, he knew what he was doing here based on his stupid fucking smirk.

As Louis' eyes widened and his gaze moved from my feet to my head I only then realized that for one time in my life I didn't sleep with pajamas on. And I was apparently so oblivious when I woke up minutes ago that I didn't notice. So, now, I was not only angry, but I wasn't wearing pants. Louis seemed to be enjoying himself, however, as I slammed my door right in his face and raced back into my bedroom to find something to cover up with.

I knew I couldn't leave him out there. As I changed into some sweatpants and a tee shirt, I considered the idea of going back to sleep now that I knew the person at the door wasn't important. But, there was no doubt that Louis would return to his incessant knocking within minutes. Whatever he had to say, it really didn't matter, he'd do it just to ruin my day. I would do the same to him except one, I didn't know where he lived, and two, I was not going to waste a morning on him.

When I came back out, this time fully clothed, and opened the door, Louis was still smirking. He found it appropriate to start laughing out loud, in fact. "What the hell do you want?" I asked him in not the sweetest way. I had to give him a moment to stop laughing, and so I took that time to comb out my hair a little more because like I had said before, I just woke up. Eventually Louis did calm down, though.