Chapter 17

"Wait a second, so Mallory is plotting with terrorists across the globe? I just- I can't believe that." Marlee was shaking her head as we finally pulled up in their small sedan in front of the airport. Somehow we had each managed to pack a suitcase in about twenty minutes, and in that time we each took turns explaining things to Marlee. I could understand why she was having issues grasping the situation after hearing it from three different points of view. So far, we had all reacted the same way. Walking in on Marlee like that, I was instantly assured that she was on our side. I also knew that Mallory was making all of us targets, and we had to leave as soon as possible.

"Yeah, I know, I couldn't believe it at first either, honey. But we don't really have enough time to really figure it out, we just have to try and stop him from sending the weapons over." Niall explained from the backseat as I parked the car in one of the last empty parking spots. We got out of the car and I helped Louis with the few bags we had managed to stuff in the trunk while the couple slowly stepped out of their car. Marlee looked pale still, probably from the fact that two dudes had snuck into her apartment and tried to kill her. Yes, we'd all had training for situations like that, but it wasn't like they ever happened. Well, until now.

"But- but I just sent out the wedding invitations yesterday! I mean, I had him sitting next to Louis and Jancer and now just everything is screwed up. Does he even realize all the seating arrangements that I'm going to have to change? I don't have time for this." Marlee sighed and I looked to Louis in hopes that he too was on the verge of laughing; he was. Yes, I felt bad for her. This was Marlee's way of coping with the shock of the situation and of course it was overly dramatic, but it was her. She hadn't as much field experience as her fiance and I had, which could easily make her nervous. The wedding issues she was dealing with now was probably just the act to cover up her real fear of not getting to her wedding at all, which I was scared of as well.

"I know baby, and we'll figure it out soon. I promise I'll help, but we have to fix all this shit first." Niall was trying to calm her down, which was sweet. It kind of reminded me of when Louis was with me after Drew died. Niall and Louis were both very kind and caring men; having two down to earth people really helped in situations like these. Despite being so real, they made it easy to escape the horrible realities. I was thankful for that, and that Marlee seemed to finally be accepting things and calming down.

"Hey, I'm proud that you guys are finally moving your wedding along. Like seriously, you've been engaged forever, I think. So yeah, that's great and all but we really have to go." I spoke as I handed them each a suitcase, quickly dragging mine behind me as I turned away from them and started to head towards the terminal.

Arriving inside, I immediately looked to the departures list on the large screens at the center of the room. I pushed my way through the crowd of people to get the best view, and finally found the list of cities beginning with M near the bottom of the first screen panel. There was a flight to Moscow in an hour, lucky enough. I hurried back to my group of friends that were just walking into the building and directed them to one of the counters where we could hopefully purchase some tickets.

Louis went ahead and began to sweet-talk the woman at the counter, who was clearly falling for his stupid British-charm act. She willingly gave us the tickets we needed in return for the cash we paid in, took our luggage, and barely looked at our passports before handing us our boarding passes. Never had I been so thankful for Louis trying to be sexy and actually succeeding in some weird way. Obviously our identifications were forged, Louis' was done in a quick shitty job by Niall half an hour before we left but still it was good enough. It was what we needed to make sure Mallory didn't know where we were headed just yet. Sure, he'd know eventually, but all we really needed was a day or so.