An Unexpected Greeting

Narrator's POV

--------------------

Jeremy grabed his headset and console controller. He sat down and turned on his device, and opens GMod. He joined a server named 'SkyHigh', and when he joined, he is welcomed by a familiar voice. "Hey there, ImmortalJex!" It was Ender_Wolf, his best gaming friend. "Hey Ender_Wolf." He replied. "I have work in a few hours, so Maybe i can spend an hour or so on here?"

Ender_Wolf replied, "I don't mind." Her avatar switched to the prop tool. "i was just about to get this car," She turned to a red car, then back to jeremy, "And attach some thrusters, then fly it off the edge." Jeremy rolls his eyes. "You really like thrusters, don't you? You put them on everything." Enderwolf giggled. "Yeah I do, don't I?" They messed around awhile, with mods like the hoverboard and the parakeet's pill pack. Then they said their goodbyes and jeremy headed off to work.

-------------------

Mike's POV

-------------------

I Open the doors. Another 6 hours of the worst job in my life. Hoorah. I always come an hour early to, you know, situate things. I heard from the boss that a new girl is coming to freddy's for the nightshift. First jeremy, then a new girl? I'll be crammed in with a thousand other nightguards if this keeps going...

Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Must be the new girl." I mutter to myself. I open the door to let in a girl with teal eyes that were unnaturally vibrant. "Hey there! I'm Skylar."

I sigh, moaning "why did you have to choose this job?" She throws a confused look. "It sounds like a nice job. I went here lots when I was little." She beamed. Fuck, there was no way she was gonna make the night..."well, settle in, and I'll teach you the basics, I mean, unless you wanna quit now while you can-"

"No. I need this money so badly, you have no idea." Mike was startled and sickened by the confidence in her voice, but oddly envied her bravery. She would need it.

------------------

Skylar's POV

------------------

I entered the office I was lead to. I opened my mouth to thank the man, until I shut it, realizing quite quickly that I did not yet know his name. And so I asked, "Hey, what is your name? I never exactly caught it." The man turned. "Mike." He replied, in a snarky tone. "Mike Schmidt."

Oh wow, this guy was gonna be a total dick, wasn't he? I brush off his rude tone. " Then thanks, Mike Schmidt." Emphasizing his name as if it were fake. "You staying or am I on my own?" Mike turned. "Why in hell would I want to leave you here for six hours on your first night?!" His tone clearly had ass-hat written all over it. I giggle out the words, "Why in hell would you stay here and put up with my shit? I can be as much of an ass as I assume you are, mister drama queen!" Mike glared at me with a certaint annoyance in his eyes. But maybe there wasn't, I don't know, but it totally fog hashed me. Flew straight over my head. I pull out my phone and took a look at the newest iFunny updates. What the hell is this about a...I don't even know really, something about flower crowns and a gecko cult? Eh whatever. (If you got that reference, fellow iFunny fans, here is a high five! WHAPPOW!) awhile later, the nightwatch entered the office. He had brunette curls, and deep emerald eyes. If i didnt have a girlfriend, I'd be at his side within seconds. But something about him felt familiar. I couldn't put it straight, but then his voice rang around the room. "Hey mike! The new girls here! Great! what's your name?" He turned to me, and I felt like an entire bag of skittles rose into my throat. My eyes grew wide. I did not speak for the longest time. Then I swallowed my imaginary bag of skittles in my throat. He must know me by voice to, because when I replied, his eyes widened to the size of saucers.

...ImmortalJex?" Was my only response.