quinze

-•-•-•-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-•-•-•-

A B L A Z E, arianna watched the fire crackle and heat her face as she tried to catch her breath.

her parents weren't going to punish or get on her for leaving midsummers in such a rush, but she knew that wasn't necessarily the case for the others.

"hey guys-so like, my dad's already gonna kill me. so what's this mandatory meeting about?" yeah, pope's parents definitely weren't going to be as happy about his actions the way ari's were going to be.

ari felt an arm secure itself around her waist as the blonde boy's familiar voice spoke up,"might as well tell him man. before we're all gaffed."

"gaffed-seriously?"

jj whispered back at her as john b started to speak,"it's my word for fucked."

ari rolled her eyes as she jokingly shoved jj's face away before she re-emerged herself back into the conversation.

"so the gold never went down with the royal merchant."

"oh," the girl breathed out, only for pope to exasperatedly respond,"oh my god. here we go again with this!"

john b shook his head rapidly, clearly realizing he wasn't being taken seriously by his friends,"no-all right-wait-"

"hear him out, all right?" jj intervenes, his grip unknowingly tightening around ari.

pope still looked unconvinced,"the gold-it's been here this whole time. it's on the island."

finally, for the first time, kiara's words were voiced,"oh my god."

"are you serious?" ari panned out. pope looked like he'd just been slapped in the face,"i'd like to voice my skepticism."

"i'm sure you would pope," john b sarcastically snapped,"but can i please present you with my evidence, sir?"

even in a the most uncomfortable and serious situation, ari's friends still remained to be the comical and idiotic boys that they are.

pope nodded slowly,"proceed."

clearing his throat, john b reached for his bag, pointing at it purposefully,"all right. so, in my bag, i have a letter from denmark tanny."