six

-•-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-•-

look. for nine months they tried to get me to believe my dad's dead. they say i'm in denial. whatever. denial's underrated. you should try it sometime. it's highly effective, and it's only denial if you're wrong.

it doesn't make any sense. my dad is the last guy who would ever get lost at sea. this compass coming back to me, my father's compass, which was passed down for generations,

it's a sign.

my dad's still alive, and i'm gonna find him.

- - -

L A Z I L Y nodding, arianna was told that john b and jj left to go ask lana grubbs, scooter grubbs' wife, questions about the compass.

it was better for ari too, since she still hasn't properly talked to jj about their kiss.

she didn't plan on having that conversation anyways.

kie and pope were arguing about the environment, as per usual, and tomassi was silently thinking, hitting her juul.

kiara took the opportunity to spark up a new conversation,"so ariiiii." ari looked at kie as if she had two heads,"what?"

"what's going on with you and jj?" pope asked with a smirk.

at this, ari tensed up, she didn't want to tell her two bestfriends that not only had she kissed jj, but she also broke their only rule.

no pogue-on-pogue macking.

flustered, ari thought of a quick answer,"n-nothing. what makes you think something is?" kie giggled,"oh come on ari. you act like we don't notice you avoiding the living shit out of him." pope verbally agreed,"that is a fact. so tell us. no secrets between pogues ari."

the girl sighed, knowing she had no other choice,"okay fine. me and him kissed."

kiara and pope both turned to each other, eyes wide open, and exclaimed at the same time,"no fucking way."

- - -

music was blaring through john b's van as he gripped the steering wheel tightly. he needed answers about the compass. and he would do whatever he could to get them.