sept

-•-•-•-•-

-•-•-•-•-

I N S A N E , is the only word arianna tomassi would use to describe how she felt right now.

after their near encounter with death, ari thought it was best to go home.

she was only able to sneak in a short 1 hour nap, before her 4 friends showed up at her door once again.

now, she was back in john b's van listening to the boy ramble on about his new theories with the compass.

"i mean, it's obvious right? a family heirloom. what better place to hide a message? he had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" john b spoke aloud, waving his hand around for extra effect, while the other remained on the steering wheel.

pope and ari glanced at each other, while kiara tried to sympathize with him,"yeah, it's possible."

jj was too busy rolling a blunt, and although he wished he could sit next to ari, he knew it was best if he'd kept his distance. it's what she'd want.

pope rolled his eyes,"it could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know, deal with your sad feels." ari opened her mouth to stop pope from saying anything too offensive,"pope?" the boy looked over at her and shut his mouth from continuing on.

jj finally said his first words,"bro, you know how i process with my sad feels. dank nugs and the stickiest of ickies, that's how i do it." he took a long drag out of his freshly rolled blunt, only for ari to reach over and throw it out the window.

his eyes widened,"ar?! the fuck was that for?" "you don't need to be high right now," ari responded, before facing the window, crossing her arms over her chest and looking away. jj frowned.

john b began to defend himself,"i'm not concocting, okay? my dad's trying to give me a message."

kie softly answers, trying to support and be there for her bestfriend,"if it helps you believe, john b."

john b only grows more frustrated,"look, i-i don't need a therapy session, okay? look, i'm not trippin' out-" jj pitched in,"it's okay to trip, bro, but-"

john b raised his voice a little louder,"look, my-my dad is missing okay? missing! you don't know what it's like to have the closest person to you vanish and then have no idea what happened. just wake up every morning wondering." pope continues to doubt,"it's been almost a year."