3

The woman straightened, her hand flying to her mouth as she gazed at him in surprise.

"Jeez, I'm so slow. I can't believe I didn't recognize you. Of course, you are Adam Garcia, the great sports extremist and also a photographer."

It's not her.

Adam would never have thought that three words could make him experience such a conflicting mix of relief and regret.

Damn, he'd gotten his hopes up again, just like he'd done last night, surveying the women around him at the masquerade party in search of the mystery woman behind the riveting mask.

Tonight, it'd been the scent that'd assailed him right when he'd crossed over to her, that utterly unique fragrance that'd been lingering at the back of his sense for the past four months, never overpowering, just there.

Not to mention the pair of peculiar amber eyes that'd arrested him the moment he'd gazed into them.

What would he have done if she'd turned out to be that woman, anyways? Do what only a stupid man would do and tell her just how crazy she'd driven him throughout the four months without even meaning to?

"Hey, are you okay?" The woman he was with now questioned, her smile dimming a little.

"So you are a fan of mine?" He asked her, pulling on a smile and hoping it looked as flirtatious as possible.

"No." Her answer came too quickly. "Yes. Well, maybe, I guess. I found you on YouTube last night and have become fascinated so..."

She trailed off, eyes widening as if she'd realized a blunder. Adam leaned over, propping his arm on the rail, deciding he was going to press his advantage here.

He'd gone without sex for almost two weeks and for a man who loved sex and all the pleasures to be found in a woman's body so much, two weeks was quite some time.

If the vibes of attraction he was picking up from this woman were anything to go by, then he wasn't going to have a tough time convincing her to help him get the release he was craving.

"Hmm, tell me. In what ways do I fascinate you, sweetheart?"

She rolled her eyes and looked away, her obvious way of playing off his question. "You wish, huh? It's not about fascination. I just think you are weird, you and all the other people who do extreme sports."

"Hmm," He quirked his brows and twisted his lips in a perverse smile. "Well, that's new. People have called me many things from suicidal to psycho, never weird. Why do you think we are weird?"

"Oh come on, do I need to spell it out?" She said in a 'duh' manner, gesticulating wildly with her hands and facial expression as she continued.

"I've watched videos where people do rock climbing or stand at insane heights to bungee jump or skydive and they always look so creeped out like they could puke at any moment and yet still they jump."

The incredulous look on her face made him chuckle softly. "And what's usually their reaction once they're in the air."

She shrugged, snorting. "They go like 'hooo' and 'hi-ha' but I think that's only for the camera so they won't look like cowards."

"Wow, that's some wild speculation." He said, unable to resist the smile that tugged at his lips. "What about me though? Why do you think I'm weird?"

"I watched four fricking videos of your adventures. The bungee jumping in Zimbabwe, a Mount biking video, and what the hell the ice skating on that steep slope in New Zealand. And you showed no fear. Not even a hint of it. Do you never fear or do you just put on a bold facade?"