25

"Hey, girl!" June and Victoria burst into Eva's room cheerily.

"Hey." Surprised, Eva attempted to inject enthusiasm into her voice which was so damn hard when she was feeling so down.

"Since you said you couldn't go out for a girls' time, we didcided to bring the girls' time here. And guess what?" Vicky spoke with her hands behind her, but Eva could already savour a delicious aroma swirling around the room.

"What?"

"Ta-da!" She held up her hands from behind her, revealing her cafe's take out bag in her left hand and two blue tumblers with straws placed inside in the right. June had her own tumbler in hand. "I brought you your favourite delicacy just in case you were having that time of the month."

Well, she was in her period all right, but that barely accounted for why she was feeling so needy and guilty.

Needy for Adam's touch, and guilty that she was still constantly cheating on Brandon in her thoughts and erotic dreams.

Eva rolled her eyes but her mouth watered in anticipation. Her best friends crossed the carpets, tumbling onto her bed, and Eva quickly grabbed the take out bag from Vicky's hand.

"Jeez, not even a thank you." Her friend scrunched her nose in disapproval.

Ignoring her, Eva brought out the plastic bakery box and took of the lid, grinning for the first time tonight when she saw the six golden croissants lying inside.

Picking up one of the baked goodies, she bit into it and moaned. Heaven. There was no getting jaded when Victoria's bakery was involved. It simply had you hooked and never let go.

She took one of the tumblers from Victoria and and drank the warm coffee through the straw. The rich taste added to that of the croissant and caused her to close her eyes in bliss, moaning again.

"You always moan like this when you eat my bakery. Wonder how you do it when you're flat on tour back with a big dick..."

"Don't attach eating to sex." June threw her a disgusted look. "In fact, stop comparing everything to sex. It's disgusting."

Vicky grimaced and drank from her straw sulkily. June reached into the bakery box but Eva was quick to pull it away from her reach.

"When did you get so selfish?" June asked grumpily, staring at the croissants with longing.

"Well, Vicky brought it for me so..." She shrugged, then deliberately picked up another croissant, biting and chewing while moaning teasingly.

"Uhm, did I say you?" Vicky suddenly questioned. "I meant us. Why would I bring you so many croissants? Because you're extremely pretty?"

"Way to burst my bubble!" Eva twisted her mouth into a pouty look, glad that her friends were here.

"You sounded a bit off over the phone." June suddenly mused, giving Eva a penetrating look that made her want to cross her arms over her chest. "This isn't about your period, is it?"

Eva sighed, chewed on a delectable piece of croissant, then answered. "No. I mean, I am in period now, but no, that's not why I feel this way."

"Come to think of it, you've been acting off since your engagement." Vicky mused with a thoughtful look. "One would expect you to look all bright and being the excited bride to be."

"Okay, I'll tell you." Eva said. She needed to open up about this before it drove her insane. "But before that, I need you guys to promise not to go all judgemental. Especially you, June."

June lowered her tumbler from her mouth looking offended. "Why especially me?"

Eva bit on her lips. "I know you are in love with Brandon, June. At least once were. I've know for a while."